Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B

buttercup

This guy is the Rush Limbaugh of the stock market; great entertainer not much substance. I wish JBLU well and I'm sure they will get beyond today's setback as they are a classy company with good people. I can't for the life of me figure why people would buy airline stock. I can't believe Cramer called JBLU best of breed in the industry!! From an intrinsic perspective SKYW is the best of breed. For growth LUV is the best!!

as214 said:
This guy is the Rush Limbaugh of the stock market; great entertainer not much substance. I wish JBLU well and I'm sure they will get beyond today's setback as they are a classy company with good people. I can't for the life of me figure why people would buy airline stock. I can't believe Cramer called JBLU best of breed in the industry!! From an intrinsic perspective SKYW is the best of breed. For growth LUV is the best!!

I think he said:

"Jim Cramer: While JetBlue is the best of the bunch in the airline business, it is a pretty sorry bunch."

TR4A said:
I think he said:

"Jim Cramer: While JetBlue is the best of the bunch in the airline business, it is a pretty sorry bunch."

Yeah that's true in regard to what he said. Maybe he just was analyzing Major carriers. He missed SKYW which is currently undervalued and has been trending up since July even in the face of high-energy costs. He fuc*ed up putting JBLU as his best of breed ahead of LUV also!!

How about forgetting about 'ol Jim (though he is VERY fun to watch) and maxing out your own 401(k) and IRA, propertly insuring your family, and teaching your kids how money works. Jim has lots of info on his show...but most people don't even have a foundation in place, let alone enough money to invest in individual stocks.

AZT

AZ Typed said:
How about forgetting about 'ol Jim (though he is VERY fun to watch) and maxing out your own 401(k) and IRA, propertly insuring your family, and teaching your kids how money works. Jim has lots of info on his show...but most people don't even have a foundation in place, let alone enough money to invest in individual stocks.

AZT

I watch him for entertainment value only. I have been trading for four years now and have made money every year doing it. I have made money shorting Cramers picks after the initial runup !! Easy money and entertaining!!

Luv hasn't done much in 4 years.....sadly

as214 said:
Yeah that's true in regard to what he said. Maybe he just was analyzing Major carriers. He missed SKYW which is currently undervalued and has been trending up since July even in the face of high-energy costs. He fuc*ed up putting JBLU as his best of breed ahead of LUV also!!

Jim Cramer does NOT like airline stocks saying, “If you want to own an airline stock, the bottom line is, turn the station to another guy.”

James J. Cramer: I've never been a fan of the airline stocks and don't believe that now is the time to start bottom-fishing in this group. This even includes Southwest Airlines and JetBlue Airways, which are the largest hedgers of fuel expenses.

When it comes to whether one should own airline stocks, "The answer is always, 'No!'" Cramer said. "These things have been going down for as long as I've been in the market."

if you follow the financial/wall-street industry press, you will be aware that Cramer is more talented at hosting a TV show than running money

George Soros, Bruce Kovner, Jim Rogers do not have TV shows....

I would NOT invest based on Cramer's tips

there is a reason he is not running a hedge fund now

satpak77 said:
if you follow the financial/wall-street industry press, you will be aware that Cramer is more talented at hosting a TV show than running money

George Soros, Bruce Kovner, Jim Rogers do not have TV shows....

I would NOT invest based on Cramer's tips

there is a reason he is not running a hedge fund now

Yeah no kidding!! I heard he lost people alot of money back in the late 90's with his Tech calls!! PLus my friend worked for him and said he isnt the nicest guy in the world!! I like Jim Rogers..great great investor. So is Peter Lynch!! Value investing is the way to get wealthy over the long haul no doubt!!

Peter Lynch does not have a TV show, Warren Buffet does not have a TV show, Paul Tudor Jones does not have TV show, the Hunt family does not have a TV show

if you were to "model yourself" after the top investors in the world, do NOT get a TV show nor follow anyone who does

FYI

Latest resources

Back