• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetselect

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interviewed with them was told they would be in touch and never called sent a letter or would not return calls- very unprofessional says it all

SAEflyer said:
Anyone know anything about this company? Jetselect in columbus OH...Thanks
When the CL60s and Lr60 left Jetride (Aka Airnet) they started their own company called Jetselect. Jetride was doing a lot of business on these aircraft by getting work from Bombardier Charter, or whatever they call it. The KC based 601, a midwest based 604, and a LR60 from who knows where, owners got greedy and wanted to start a company of their own. Now you have Jetselect. Be careful, as these are the worst type of people to work for. Aircraft owners sucessful in other business outside of aviation thinking they can "show the aviation folks" how its done. You dont want to be there, as you can see by the professionalism they showed you in ignoring you and your attempts to contact them.

HawkerF/O said:
When the CL60s and Lr60 left Jetride (Aka Airnet) they started their own company called Jetselect. Jetride was doing a lot of business on these aircraft by getting work from Bombardier Charter, or whatever they call it. The KC based 601, a midwest based 604, and a LR60 from who knows where, owners got greedy and wanted to start a company of their own. Now you have Jetselect. Be careful, as these are the worst type of people to work for. Aircraft owners sucessful in other business outside of aviation thinking they can "show the aviation folks" how its done. You dont want to be there, as you can see by the professionalism they showed you in ignoring you and your attempts to contact them.

I can tell you from first hand experience that the people running Jetselect are grade A, 100% pure scumbags. JetRide is 100% better becuase those douche bags left.

Dangerkitty said:
I can tell you from first hand experience that the people running Jetselect are grade A, 100% pure scumbags. JetRide is 100% better becuase those douche bags left.
Pretty much what I said. What comes around goes around is a statement that will eventually ring true with this operation. This business is too small to do the things that they have done, so I can't imagine that they will be around very long, and now that they have burned Jetride, no reputable operator will take them when they come crawling back begging to be put on a 135 cert. I don't think Bombardier will put up with the things they do, but who knows, maybe they will if they think they are going to be selling them a new 605. Like you DangerKitty, I speak from 1st hand experience. Maybe you and I should talk..........

How do charter companies make money. Is there really that many flights that are open? Do they use a broker to get flights?

If they do it right, charter companies can make dang good money...For instance, the one i work for...More flights than they can handle, fleet has tripled in 2 years, can't keep staffed...thats not necessarily a good thing, but they're doing something right...Most successful charter companies don't put all of their eggs into one basket. Ours uses about 1/3 brokered flights, 1/3 medical transport, and 1/3 regular charter clients...We would be just fine losing any one of those three. Definatley not somewhere i want to stay, but its not a bad stepping stone

Latest resources

Back