• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetDirect

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What? Because they are the largest in the business, you now equate them with being the brightest? They have simply have had the largest capital infusion in the past 12 months with the buyouts. Doesn't make them the brightest, most successful in the industry.
Pilots can be so myopic.

exactly the response i would expect from a disgruntled pilot.

135 operators in general leave more than just a bit to be desired.....and I honestly think most of them are well aware of it. The differences in pay among 135 operators in the same geographic area for the same aircraft is substantial and schedules...well...that's a whole different thread.

They offered me a position in HPN for $75,000.

With a family, thats not even close.

Surprising that they would offer that when the fractionals are hiring at better long-term packages. How do these 135 companies expect to be able to compete for the "Best and the brightest" out there? I guess they won't expect to hire good people at those low rates...

Their attitude is We are the best! If you aren't the best we dont want you. They have an attitude of an old company but there still aquiring assests and their having trouble finding pilots. They just bought TAG, but thats another can of worms.

Let's just hope the fact that they can't find pilots causes operators as a whole to increase pay and move towards a better QOL for crews. I honestly can't get over what some of them get away with.

Last edited:
Hi!

Sentient just bought Tag's US ops.

Is Jet Direct and Sentient the same company?????

cliff
YIP

sentient acquisitions

Sentient has had some major cash infusions and has been on a buying spree to positiion itself as one of the countries dominant charter players.

They acquired Jet Direct as well as Tag USA. They also just bought Raytheon Aircraft's charter division from the investment company that got it when it acquired Raytheon Aircraft and Raytheon aircraft services.

The investment company had changed RACM (Raytheon Aircraft Charter and Management) to HBCM (Hawker Beechcraft Charter and Managemnt) and Sentient, upon acquiring the charter company, immediately changed the name back to RACM but they do not disclose what the "R" is supposed to stand for now.

I just started at JetDirect and wish I hadn't. They made me a lot of promises and I havn't seen one of them yet. I can't even get a company credit card, thats how lame they are. No one is in charge and the ones that are are afraid of losing their jobs. I've talked to about half the pilots here and most if not all are not happy. They haven't even decided on a winter uniform. They told us to just wear whatever and make sure it was nice looking and contained no emblems or names on it. Great huh? They keep promising a major payraise but keep slipping that. It was last July, then October I think, now its NEXT July or so. I think I will get a job picking up garbage, getting tired of this.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back