• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh please........... I have been an ALPA REP for the past 5.5 years at your former airline you know who I am and what work I have done........I have done more for the profession than you do by just complaining on a forum all day long. I passed up the interview at JetBlue, for the reasons listed above. My point is the amount of complaining that goes on about JetBlue is getting tiresome. YOU KNEW the deal prior to submitting your application, you're part of the problem. Either work to educate your fellow pilots in voting YES to ALPA, go find another job OR SUCK IT up and work under the conditions you agreed to but stop blaming everyone else.

spoken like a true 6yr fo at a regional carrier that never managed an upgrade... but I hope your enjoying spirit. "Suck it up and work under the conditions you agreed to" man, you are a true advocate of the pilots. I sure wish you were helping us...

Go back to whining about your vegas overnights... You don't know jack about whats going on here.

"you knew what you signed up for"... spare me the rhetoric

Last edited:
spoken like a true 6yr fo at a regional carrier that never managed an upgrade... but I hope your enjoying spirit. "Suck it up and work under the conditions you agreed to" man, you are a true advocate of the pilots. I sure wish you were helping us...

Go back to whining about your vegas overnights... You don't know jack about whats going on here.

"you knew what you signed up for"... spare me the rhetoric

Please, Spirit has a killer a contract ( you know, one negotiated by ALPA) and I'll upgrade in the next 5 years. Send me your résumé I walk it in...........

Please, Spirit has a killer a contract ( you know, one negotiated by ALPA) and I'll upgrade in the next 5 years. Send me your résumé I walk it in...........

Never heard of it referred to as a "killer contract" other than the deep circadian skeds, if that's what you mean. Five yrs? If you wait that long, you'll be way behind the legacy hiring wave. Oh wait, you're going to stay there? Good luck man, every place seems great at first.

Never heard of it referred to as a "killer contract" other than the deep circadian skeds, if that's what you mean. Five yrs? If you wait that long, you'll be way behind the legacy hiring wave. Oh wait, you're going to stay there? Good luck man, every place seems great at first.

The pay rates needs to come up, but with the line bidding/pay protection, 5 days off between blocks of work days (contractual minimum of 4 ), I think it's a good contract, "killer" is a bit much,

I don't mind not flying for a legacy, I don't need to impress my friends with pictures of 777s

Last edited:
The pay rates needs to come up, but with the line bidding/pay protection, 5 days off between blocks of work days (contractual minimum of 4 ), I think it's a good contract, "killer" is a bit much,

I don't mind not flying for a legacy, I don't need to impress my friends with pictures of 777s

At $70/hour in year 3, you won't need to.
Problem you'll have, vis-a-vis your new company is that the Legacy's will no longer let the "next SWA" survive. For them, they will step on the neck of the LLCs with regional jets and capacity dumps. I wouldn't go out and get a mortgage based on a projected 5 year upgrade if I were you.

At $70/hour in year 3, you won't need to.
Problem you'll have, vis-a-vis your new company is that the Legacy's will no longer let the "next SWA" survive. For them, they will step on the neck of the LLCs with regional jets and capacity dumps. I wouldn't go out and get a mortgage based on a projected 5 year upgrade if I were you.

Three years from now I'll be at $84/hr and my wife and I bought our home 3 years ago ;), but I appreciate your concern. It will certainly be interesting the next few years at Spirit but the alternative was JetBlue or stay at Expressjet, I am comfortable with my move and only time will tell if I made the right decision. Fortunately I married way out of my league and my family and I would be just find with my wife's salary. I may be taking a risk, but that's life.

The point I was trying to make (to anyone interested in JBlue) is enjoy the opportunity Jetblue has to offer and roll with the punches. We are all just along for the ride. Don't let the Internet tough guys sway you one way or another. just because they live a miserable existence doesn't mean you need to

Last edited:
Three years from now I'll be at $84/hr and my wife and I bought our home 3 years ago ;), but I appreciate your concern. It will certainly be interesting the next few years at Spirit but the alternative was JetBlue or stay at Expressjet, I am comfortable with my move and only time will tell if I made the right decision. Fortunately I married way out of my league and my family and I would be just find with my wife's salary. I may be taking a risk, but that's life.

The point I was trying to make (to anyone interested in JBlue) is enjoy the opportunity Jetblue has to offer and roll with the punches. We are all just along for the ride. Don't let the Internet tough guys sway you one way or another. just because they live a miserable existence doesn't mean you need to

Well good deal having a sugar momma then. There's not too many pilots who have that. Funny you say in this post that you would be happy with your wife's salary, but in another thread you say that we should be happy with what we make as money only buys sh1t.

You are right, it is very risky marrying out of ones league! lol Great post

You are right, it is very risky marrying out of ones league! lol Great post

Yep- as they say if your Father's poor, it's fate. If your Father-in-Law's poor, it's stupidity. :)

Latest resources

Back