JetBlue Union Results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To My Fellow Union Pilots:

I am truly sorry for my career and yours that this did not pass. I have never been around a more cowardly and gutless pilot group. We deserve whatever mgmt. doesnt give us and if we are involved in a merger we deserve to get hosed.

I agree: I am embarrased to be a JetBlue pilot. I hope union carriers start denying us jumpseats.
I am surrounded by wimps and as$ kissers wearing my same uniform.

Corn Julio. Yes we are surrounded by ass-kissers. Do you not commute? A jumpseat war is not the answer, and throwing our brothers and sisters under the bus has a lot do with why this drive failed, IMHO. Even if they are severely mis-guided.

Add me to the list. I have never imagined such a bunch of little girls in my entire life. I also hope real airlines start denying us jumpseats. We deserve it.

The first one of these pu$$ies that opens their pie-holes even ONCE in complaint is going to get a hearty STFU from me.

PS: I'll still let real airline pilots on my jumpseat, even if they don't let me on theirs.

Wow. I voted yes and campaigned for the JBPA, and am disgusted at the result.

This, however, is way out of line. I guess the 50 or so DL and AA pilots that use us from RDU alone are gonna start buying tickets? Will you let me on if I bring my JBPA "Vote Yes" button?

I'm just an FO. It's not my call on who rides in the jumpseat, in most cases. I will say that after years of negotiations, a few strikes, and other sacrifices that some guys hold the jumpseat sacred and a privilege reserved only for other unionized pilots.

Also I have had JB pilots along in the cockpit and thought they were all pretty cool. Best of luck and better luck next time with getting a union on board.

Last edited:
Thanks for the well-wishes. I've flown with more than a couple guys who would gripe about things, then follow that up with "it's not the right time for a union". I don't understand how otherwise intelligent people can be so short-sighted.

The next few guys who tell me about how they need to work more for more money, or how they were screwed by Crew Services, are getting the simple question: "did you vote?"

That sucks. I feel sorry for those of you who were in the minority. Unfortunately you're going to be grouped with the prevailing majority and looked down upon.

On a positive note your paycheck will be 2% larger and you'll still benefit from any positive changes to the profession fought for by your dues paying counterparts.

Thanks for the well-wishes. I've flown with more than a couple guys who would gripe about things, then follow that up with "it's not the right time for a union". I don't understand how otherwise intelligent people can be so short-sighted.

The next few guys who tell me about how they need to work more for more money, or how they were screwed by Crew Services, are getting the simple question: "did you vote?"

I would say it's because 66% of the pilots wouldn't buy your BS argument that electing two guys working out of their garage was going to resolve any of those issues.

I've been flying professionally for 27 years. JetBlue is the first uniform I've been ashamed to wear. You're a prime example of why.

Latest resources

Back