Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dear Mister rapidD,
Bite me.
I held the hemlock for Socrates. All you need is Maalox.

FoxThree said:
I think you are an arrogant a$$hole consumed by your sense of imperial captaincy. Perhaps you are sensitive because you got that job at what is a very low time in your industry.

Interesting. So I'm arrogant because I thought your comment (or question) was asinine? Hm. Or perhaps you assume I'm arrogant because I didn't pull gear for ten years in order to be worthy of an A320 captaincy. I'm not sure where you're going with this.

I've mentioned on several occasions that I consider myself extremely fortunate to be doing what I'm doing and I'm well aware that it's extraordinary in these times. It's certainly through no great virtue of mine, mostly just great timing. Comments (or questions) like yours are typically driven by either envy or spite, and I'm getting tired of hearing them. But if this is not the case, I do apologize.

I guess though that by JetBlue standards you're the "old man." I now see that there is another JetBlue Captain here, JayDub, that has 3000 hrs.

In JayDub's defense, he's explained this more than once. He has well over 3000 hours, but chooses to list 3000 hrs (the minimum when he was hired) because he doesn't think it's anyone else's business how much time he has. Plus he doesn't want people like you making an issue of it. Fair enough?

NYR<

What you don't see in that agreement is AA agrees to replace the Super 80s with something quieter. That will allow the airport board to grant new slots. The system is based on cumulative dB readings, so the 80s have a big impact.

I think you are an arrogant a$$hole consumed by your sense of imperial captaincy.
Fox Three, I am guessing you are new here. The reason I say this is because you wouldn't believe the number of dudes that have made post after post on this board, just to bolt as soon as they achieve what they are after. JeffG as been a regular poster that has out lasted many more servers than I. Generally, someone like this only stays for the sole purpose of helping others. This can have an effect on that person professionally. Do a search on a screen name of Chase. He's a SWA pilot that left this forum in a hurry with only saying "you wouldn't believe who reads these boards!"

I doubt you hurt his feelings by your comments. He's the one taking the risk trying to help others out. How about you? Are you here to help others, or to get the info you need and bolt like everybody else?

As for my qualifications, why did you miss the plus sign (+) after my hours? The reason for this is more than a year ago the minimum requirements were 3000 hours plus your time allocated in different areas. I met those original requirements, so other than that, what's it matter how much total time I have?

There was a time in our training department, when some folks were having a tough time on their first attempt to upgrade. As far as I know, every jetBlue captain that posts here made it through the first time. That's by no means meant to impress you, just so you know before you get any more exercise jumping to conclusions.

All this means is; everybody who is current and qualified at a 121 airline has atleast met the minimum standard set by the FAA. The same standard, by and large, at every other 121 airline in this country. There is no way give extra points in this end of the business. Just a bunch of folks doing their job, day after day.

Respectfully,

JayDub

Edit: I just noticed when this posted that JeffG had posted as well. Sorry if there is repetitive statements.

Last edited:
Hey All,
This thread has hit on a lot of great topics and I wanted to jump in with my 1/5th of a dime. First of all, I think it is wise for us at Jet Blue to remain humble. Yes, it is cool to be announcing new cities and taking on rivals in other cities, etc etc and I love the taste of the Bluelaid as much as anyone. However, the greatest challenge we face at Jet Blue, IMHO, as we grow, will be our ability to CONSISTENTLY deliver great customer service. Over and over, I hear from the pax that they love Jet Blue because of the high level of service that comes with the low fare. As pilots we can do our best with the limited time we actually spend with the pax, but it really comes down to the check in folks, the gate agents and the inflight crew. One of the goals the company set from its inception was to bring humanity back to air travel. Let’s be honest, by the time one gets down the Van Wyck, through check in, security and the boarding process, one hardly feels human. At JB, we are trying to make these steps less stressful and our inflight crew is making a HUGE difference. Can it last? Let’s hope so. As far as the finances, lease payments and costs, etc, I think it is fair to say that JB has some of the best people in the business managing these things. Let us also remember that a lot will change here within the next few weeks if (when) we go to war with Iraq. Spot fuel prices are already increasing dramatically and once we start dropping iron, they will only go higher. It pays to be humble…….

-#1W to “TRT set on the bar”

JayDub said:
NYR<

Fox Three, I am guessing you are new here.

Yes, I am new here. I only recently learned about this board. I have just reached a milestone in my career. I have completed the service obligation I had incurred for the Acadamy and flight school and have been trying to learn as much as I could about airline and corporate flying so I could make an informed decision about what to do next.

I've made that decision. I like what I'm doing and though the pay isn't that good there are other rewards. So I quess in about 10 years I'll see you on the interview board when I'm trying to get on at your airline.

Until then, this board is a great source of aviation information and a good resource principally because of the kind of people you mentioned.

Latest resources

Back