JetBlue to land in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blue Bayou,

Unfortunately I am not a big Civil War buff, and my name actually refers to the car from the Dukes of Hazard. ( I luv Daisy Duke and her shorts) But, I think Robert Duval would make a better General Lee than Martin Sheen----he really is a liberal bast@rd.
The Man-chu-wok is pretty good---unless you have a flight over 4 hours---then you might pass and try the Charlie's Cheese Steak Factory. (A cramped cockpit with the after affects of Man-chu-wok is not good, and holding it for over 4 hours can cause a problem)

Bye Bye---General Lee

:cool: :D

Re: JetBlue Experience Levels

FoxThree said:
There's a thread over on Opinion.com saying that JetBlue has the lowest time Airbus 320 Captains in the industry. Any truth to that?

Yes, that's true. By definition, someone who just upgraded to A320 captain today for the first time is the lowest time A320 captain in the industry. And since JetBlue is one of the few A320-operating airlines which is upgrading captains at the moment, that means that JetBlue will often have the lowest time A320 captains in the industry. :D

Does that answer your question? Just trying to be helpful...

General et al

Great thread. Thanks for the lively discussion. As for the food at Harstfield, actually the bookstore in Concourse B has better grub....if you can put up with the granola types leafing through the merchandise. Fly safe all.

rapidD

Jeff G,
I think the kind of low time Airbus captains that is being talked about is Total Time. I'm not knocking Jet Blue pilots. I did not even read the post you are talking about. I skipped to the last page. However I don't think the low time means just upgraded. While I'm sure Jet Blue has many very high time guys I don't think you will find many 5,000 hours TT guys in the left seat of the Airbus at NW or UAL. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying 5,000 hours is low time. I'm just saying it is for an Airbus captain.

Eagleflip, Reuter f16, and some others that are JB captains likely have less than 4000TT.

However...I KNOW those guys, and each is a highly expereinced, former military fighter pilot. They have been instructor pilots, mission commanders, have flown in combat. They are as comfortable flying upside down as right side up. They know that stalls are a function of AOA, not aircraft attitude or airspeed. They understand, having been part of a team in combat, that teamwork as a crew (to include FAs, mx, and everyone else) is vital to mission success. I know they are not only "good folks", they are good aviators.

Don't know where you are going with your "low total time" gig, but I'd fly with these guys anyday. Likewise, I'd put my family on their aircraft without any hestiation knowing they were in good, capable hands.

I'm not bashing heavy drivers, civilians, or captains from other majors. What I am saying is a 2000+ hour fighter pilot is going to do a da*n fine job as a captain. JB has hired a LOT of fighter guys, and since they only get about 800-1000 hours in the first year as an FO, by the time they upgrade to Captain they still don't have super high total times.

Dear Mister Maxx Power,
What is the right amount of time to be an Airbus captain? I bet the astronaut corps doesn't have many folks with 5000 hours.
While hours are nice, being competent is much mo better!

Maxx Power said:
Jeff G,
I think the kind of low time Airbus captains that is being talked about is Total Time.

I deliberately "misunderstood" FoxThree's comment because I thought it was asinine. Sorry you didn't get it.

I think that JBLU in ATL isn't going to be any nail in my company's coffin. What makes you think our SONG won't compete and start the same routes out west? We do have deeper pockets to keep matching fares longer...

Our SONG will be a superior product....

We will have more free channels (though DISH vs. DirectTV),

You can order a PPV movie (watching CNN over and over gets boring, then peolple look at me funny when I watch the Cartoon Network)

Plug in your laptop and surf the web,

Start an MP3 file of music to be used and listened to every time you fly for a SONG,

757s vs 320s (debatable upon one's preference).

I have jumpseatted on B6 and you do have a good product; & I did apply there when I thought we were going to keep furloughing.

So, I wish you all the best but don't think that 3 flights a day to LGB is going to put me out of a job....

Latest resources

Back