• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue/SWA linkup may be in the works.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
who cares! Fence me to protect my seat, pay protect me until the luv scale makes me more money, and then staple my a$$! Oh.. And give me a dam*ed white shirt that fits!

this!

It is a sad day when the number X pilot in the company says: "I wouldn't mind if SWA bought us".

Thread jacking!!! Pulled this from the JB crack pipe

American buys JetBlue Airways
September 29, 2010: 6:08 p.m. ET

Pays $924M for partner, will increase its East Coast presence

NEW YORK (CNNfn) - American Airlines on Thursday agreed to buy JetBlue Airways for $924 million in a bid to regain a strong market presence in the Eastern United States.
American Airlines, a subsidiary of AMR Corp., said its cash tender offer for JetBlue Airways will commence no later than November 25. In the offer, American will acquire all of JetBlue Airway's common shares outstanding for $7.75 apiece, a slight premium over its current trading price.
American also will make a tender offer for all of JetBlue's outstanding 9 percent Series A Cumulative Convertible Exchangeable Preferred Stock at $27.50 per share.
JetBlue AIrways (JBLU) shares closed Wednesday at 6.66 on the Nasdaq stock exchange.
American forged a marketing partnership with JetBlue Airways in 2009, but the company said there is "virtually no overlap" on the routes served by the two carriers.
"Acquiring JetBlue will give our customers the benefits of a more comprehensive travel network throughout the U.S. and around the globe, " said Gerard J. Arpey, chairman and chief executive of AMR and American Airlines. "JetBlue's East Coast route system will enhance both the AA network and the networks of our Oneworld partners."
Arpey said American was forced to withdraw from some markets in early 2003, and entering into an AAdvantage frequent flyer partnership with JetBlue Airways to maintain a East Coast presence.
"Since then, we have vastly strengthened our overall domestic and international route network and have entered into alliances with a number of carriers, all of which will make us a much more vigorous competitor domestically," Arpey said.
Shares of AMR Corp. (AMR) finished Wednesday at 64-3/4 on the Big Board.

Discliamer: I've been drinkin and cannot be trusted to provide anything truthful or useful. (_*_)

What forum do the JB pilots use?

There's two, b6pilots and bluepilots

the first is alittle more refined than the latter. You must be a JB pilot to read either though.

Oh and that AA post was obviously a joke if you didn't get to the disclaimer at the bottom.

Latest resources

Back