• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue/SWA linkup may be in the works.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would disagree with the above. JBLU is starting to look more like some sort of a "regional airline" (read below). I think you'll be around for years to come and continue to get stronger. Airlines are finally figuring out that the RJ isn't worth a crap. At least the new face of the "regional" will have much better wages, a bar for all us to reach!!

American and JetBlue: A Potent Partnership?
07/19/2010
Wall Street Journal

Return to Top

American Airlines and jetBlue Airways put their previously announced interline agreement into place on Tuesday and added news that they will offer frequent-flier credit in each others' programs on those specific routes. And so far, only on those specific routes.

The deal is limited, but it has the potential to turn into more.

JetBlue and American will sell connecting service on each other's flights to specific destinations. JetBlue will essentially feed American international flights from New York and Boston, and American will bring connecting traffic to jetBlue domestic flights, where the two airlines don't overlap.

Using jetBlue to provide lots of connections to American international flights could be a major boost for American as it competes with Delta at Kennedy International Airport, Continental at Newark Liberty International Airport and a world of international carriers. And for jetBlue, the wide array of American customers in New York and Boston now have slightly higher preference for jetBlue than other airlines when traveling to cities not served by American. Both airlines get more passengers, at the expense of competitors.

Is it enough to change the competitive landscape in New York? Probably not, at least in its current form. Both airlines have said this may lead to more cooperation, so the partnership could prove more potent in years ahead. JetBlue has also said it is interested in feeding international flights for other airlines as well.

Later this year -– the airlines haven't announced a specific date -– the frequent-flier portion will kick in. American loyalists can get AAdvantage miles on jetBlue flights to 18 cities, from Portland, Maine, to Phoenix. JetBlue loyalists can get TrueBlue points on American flights to 13 international destinations, from Tokyo to Milan. The domestic part of the deal doesn't cross over to big destinations, like Los Angeles and Fort Lauderdale. The international part includes heavily traveled routes like New York to both London and Paris.

Read APA's contract. It provides for APA pilots to operate this type of flying.

JetBlue is at the door step of this arrangement.

FWIW,
Just had a Check Airman on the jumpseat that confirmed the SWA/JBLU rumor.. said GK is no longer worried about different aircraft types.. again FWIW

FWIW,
Just had a Check Airman on the jumpseat that confirmed the SWA/JBLU rumor.. said GK is no longer worried about different aircraft types.. again FWIW

Sounds good to me. You can staple my a$$ for all I care. I'll sit reserve in Houston until I retire! It sure beats swinging gear as a commuting 320 FO that has ZERO chance of upgrade due to no hiring/retirements/net aircraft purchases. Just sayin....

FWIW,

interesting. Similar cultures...way different product and execution of business.

Hypothetically, what would the final blend be. A combination of both, or like big D and NWA...all going to one existing brand.

Sounds good to me. You can staple my a$$ for all I care. I'll sit reserve in Houston until I retire! It sure beats swinging gear as a commuting 320 FO that has ZERO chance of upgrade due to no hiring/retirements/net aircraft purchases. Just sayin....

No kidding. No more commute. Dallas or houston, don't care....I would drive to work.

FWIW,

Ooh that's right, I keep forgetting that all the check airmen are invited to the secret board meetings and strategy sessions where they plan the future of the airline. Them and the head lav dumper, he has a lot to say when discussing the future of the company. Love it.

Ooh that's right, I keep forgetting that all the check airmen are invited to the secret board meetings and strategy sessions where they plan the future of the airline. Them and the head lav dumper, he has a lot to say when discussing the future of the company. Love it.
started this thread because for more than a year I have seen that SWA wanted into NY and BOS and that GK publicly stated that they (SWA) would go into SJU by 2011. No gates in BOS, NYC is slotted and JB pushed AA out of the Caribbean and is the largest carrier there now. If you look at all these facts the only way for SWA to achieve these goals is to buy JB.

Not to mention the fact that DAL/NWA and now CAL/ UA are or will be 800 ship monsters, and are now making money as demonstrated by DAL/NWA.

The SWA employee web boards are all lit up with talk about the SWA/JB combo

I believe we hired a handful last year, but that's about it. They keep talking about hiring this year, but so far nothing. No system bids have come out with any indication of hiring. The last system bid took us through December of this year. The company said this might be amended. That's just like everything else here. Changed via email....

So how would this work? What is the doh of the most junior pilot at jet blue?

Who cares! Fence me to protect my seat, pay protect me until the LUV scale makes me more money, and then STAPLE MY A$$! Oh.. and give me a dam*ed white shirt that fits!

Latest resources

Back