• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Scope FAIL.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Posting company email (even an excerpt) may not jive with the CBB. Be careful.

Oh -- but thanks for doing it.

If that happens, I'd imagine most of the Caribbean flying would get farmed out. Q400s got decent legs on it, and I could see it doing runs from MCO or FLL that the 190 does now.

Ugh... Republic is shutting down the Lynx certificate, but keeping 3 of the Q400s and transferring them to the Republic certificate. JB contracting RAH to do Caribbean flying? Please no!

welcome to the dark side..

Not particularly, especially when I never claimed to know it all. In the meantime, I can answer yes to 2 of the above, though I was IBT before. Can I play now?

I'm sorry to see the direction things seem to be heading, but stand by my stance that I wouldn't go back to the previous job. To the previous poster, our rumor mill points to Cape Air (we all tend to forget they already fly ATRs aroundGuam). (QUOTE=8vATE;2033061]Boy...

You don't like it when someone calls you out for being such a hot shot know it all... guess I hit your "sensitive" nerve...

Good for me..

Yea... I see what's going on.... As Dave says... "what got us to where we are may not get us to where we want to be."

I don't want to vote ALPA in... as a LOT of guys who have been bent over by them don't want to. But they're pushing it on the pilot group.

BTW...
Did you find any higher E190 rates out there yet?
Had your ALPA A plan pension terminated yet?
Had a CH 11 yet?
Been stapled to the bottom of another list yet?
Had your "ALPA bulletproof" scope language "violated" yet?
Had your "ALPA no furlough" clause thrown out...
If you can't say "yes" to any of those questions... then maybe you don't know it all after all. :crying:
(oh.. yea.. I can say yes to all of them (except the E190 rates) ... and I will probably still vote Prater and his triple chins in... so relax).[/QUOTE]

Wow... what a slap in the face or a "kick in the teeth", to quote Dave B. Like it was posted above, this has been an on going process filled w/ passed deadlines and broken promises. To finally come out and say that we'll give you "culturally based" SCOPE is such an insult. If you aren't completely convinced now that the "direct relationship" is worthless than I give up on you. You are unreachable if you can't read between the lines on this one.

We've been promised for years about forthcoming SCOPE protection. How the company wants to give us industry leading SCOPE protection because they know it's very important to us and our careers. They want to give us a secure future that will benefit all. SCOPE was that carrot dangled out in front that kept luring us deeper and deeper into the abyss of the "direct relationship".

Everyone that's semi-conscious should now see that bright light in the tunnel. If we don't act soon that light will be a freight train coming to steam roll our futures in the form of a buyout or drastic changes to our flimsy "direct relationship" contracts!

See the light fellow Jetblue Pilots! We are being played on a monumental level and the time is now to act!

Tailhookah

That sucks, but you vote in ALPA and you will see what being played is. When you all finally leap you should look carefully.

Even disputed scope is better than none at all. Most of the scope "failures" were either trades for something else that were perceived as more valuable or bankruptcy victims. The prevailing "scope is worthless" meme is a complete myth.

I think he was referring to ALPA scope?:D

That sucks, but you vote in ALPA and you will see what being played is. When you all finally leap you should look carefully.

Without my "Alpa contract" I'd never have gotten a huge payout when NWA cancelled the pension-even though I was out on furlough!

Without my "Alpa contract" I'd never have gotten a Delta number-even though I bypassed over 4 years ago. I still have DAL recall rights for up to another 5.4 years!

Without my "Alpa contract" the NWA pilots wouldn't have paid for ALL of my health care subsidies while I was out on furlough for 5.5 years (before my bypass).

Without my "Alpa contract" I wouldn't have gotten thousands of shares of DAL stock when the merger happend, even though I was still out on furlough!

Without Alpa, we'd all be in a far worse off position in this industry. Alpa has it's drawbacks, but you can thank Alpa for all of the following (not a complete list):

-Work rigs
-Group health insurance
-A plans/B plans/401k matches/Profit sharing
-Flight time/Duty time limits
-STD/LTD plans that will pay out until you are 65!
-Scope protections
-Higher pay (even though we still haven't recovered from the mess after 9/11, compensation is on the rise)

The examples above are all due to organized pilots, mostly under Alpa and the Alpa PAC that have raised the tide for all pilots. Even those like us at Jetblue who don't have a union. Even corporate pilots as well. The going rate for pilots brings everyone up when it goes up. The biggest group of organized pilots is Alpa. Alpa spends tons of money on the political front that changes and shapes our careers. That's all part of the trappings of supporting and being Alpa.

But you guys who don't support Alpa, want all the trappings that Alpa provides and stands for w/o the 1.95%! That doesn't pass the "giggle" test and you all need to do some research and realize that Alpa didn't screw you over, it was poor MEC's, corrupt airline exec's and liberal and crappy BK judges that let the greedy companies get away with the terrible decisions that took away your futures.

Now w/ Alpa and our support we need to continue to take back our careers and work hard to finalize our futures. That's how it works. You can't have it all w/o the sacrifice of supporting the one organization that's been there working for YOU for your future!

All of the other unions have sprung up as alternatives to Alpa. But in the end Alpa is the original and has done the most for this profession. When are you guys going to learn that sometimes you have to invest in your career to make it better?

Invest in Alpa. Make your future better!

I will vote Alpa in at Jetblue! I support my future and my career!

Tailhookah

So it was the "liberal" judges that let the companies screw the working folks? Good to know......

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Usually the business/corporate friendly judges are conservative.

Liberal judges huh.....

Well yeah good to know....

Let me guess; it was the "liberal" NMB that never released anyone either. Right?

It was the "liberals" that wanted cabbotage in this country.

Despite the outcome, Spirit just got released not long ago. That must have been a very conservative NMB! Wouldn't you agree?

It's easy to release a 500 pilot airline to strike. In fact, it makes you look "pro labor" or at least "fair" in general at a very low (industry wide) cost. I wouldn't judge anything about the system over all based on that. It is still severely tilted towards management (conservative mentality?) and the poor, innocent, entitled traveling public (liberal?).

Latest resources

Back