JetBlue Reserve/Lineholder ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boys in Leather

At our three year aniversary, a pilot gets a very nice leather jacket to replace his [by then worn-out] suit jacket.

Hence: the 'boys in Leather' are 3+ years seniority.

Last edited:
Sounds like apartheid. And there sure seems to be a widening rift between the haves and the have-nots, regardless of HOW either group prefers to spin it.

Happy sailing, boys (in leather, and not...)

B6Guy said:
It's more like someone who is never happy that unfortunately made it through the interview process. Maybe BS needs to go back to his/her CRJ.

I'm one of 'the boys in Leather'

"Like it or leave!" Clearly one of the major problems here at B6. Something make me think this guy is wearing this thing in the middle of summer.

For what it's worth, I think this is a great company. Then Again I'm just a Fleece Windbreaker.

Yank McCobb said:
Sounds like apartheid. And there sure seems to be a widening rift between the haves and the have-nots, regardless of HOW either group prefers to spin it.

Classic management techinique, divide and conquer, but Needleman did his homework on this one. At any airline, it is usually the senior people who are the driving force behind any change and/or organizing attempt. By separating out the more agressive sheep and making them the sheepdogs (stock options, special "treats"), the rest of the herd will knuckle under.

Same with the 5 year contract. Don't say nuthin, or agressive sheep become lambchops (well, mutton, anyway).

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if those EXACT terms were used when they were organizing the company.

But, far be it from me not to give credit where credit is due. It is really quite brilliant from a management perspective. Sucks if you're a sheeple, though.

Baaaaahbye,

Nu

Last edited:
SUNDOWN said:
"Like it or leave!" Clearly one of the major problems here at B6. Something make me think this guy is wearing this thing in the middle of summer.

For what it's worth, I think this is a great company. Then Again I'm just a Fleece Windbreaker.

Speaking of summer and leather..... I was walking through the JFK crew lounge last week and saw a JB guy wearing a brand new leather jacket. It was only 93 degrees outside but I'm sure he couldn't wait to show it off. Side note... if you happen to be reading this and it was you.... yes, you did look very stupid!

stillflyn said:
Speaking of summer and leather..... I was walking through the JFK crew lounge last week and saw a JB guy wearing a brand new leather jacket. It was only 93 degrees outside but I'm sure he couldn't wait to show it off. Side note... if you happen to be reading this and it was you.... yes, you did look very stupid!

I saw a guy out at the RC field. Everything he had, his model, his flight box, his clothes, his car, EVERYTHING was plastered with jetBlue crap.

It's one thing to like where you work, it's another thing to be a dork. This guy was a dork.

Nu

Dizel8 said:
Guess that makes you a dork!

Which may be true. But there are many grades of dork, many of which go on lead productive roles in society.

And while I may be in the upper range of functional dorks, where, unlike yourself, natural procreation might be a possibility, this guy was definately running for Dork Grand Poo-Bah. Fortunately, Darwin limits the reproductive opportunities for this type.

Nu

Latest resources

Back