• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue ranked #1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So if you can take JB from point A to point C without connecting in point B, you can get there quicker and get your bag more often. Don't you think that's what the customer would prefer? That's why our business model focuses on direct flights.

BTW, last numbers I heard is that about 10% of our customers make connections--mostly to/from upstate NY. Upstaters have always had to connect in NY. We just gave them the option of flying an A-320 instead of an RJ or turboprop.

I don't know about the 8 in 24 or 12 in 24, what I do know is if I was flying for someone and could work 8 days a month and have 80 + hrs of flying I would have more days off to rest on my couch than all of you. Isn't what pilots want, days off?

Of course if JetBlue gets the exemption, guys will still commute in the day of for these daunting days. I can see it now. A Capt. and F/O both get up at home around 4:30AM for a 6:00AM commuter flight to JFK. By 10:00AM it's a launch to the West Coast (into winter headwinds, contemplating a fuel stop). Turn around and head back to JFK (nasty WX for the return of course) and if things go well it is only a little past midnight when the exhausted crew limps off the airplane.

I remember several years ago when we at UAL were complaining (who, us?) about West Coast - ORD red eyes followed immediately by a morning CVG turn for example to finish the trip. We kind of wanted to be done when the red eye was over. But, in the words of a "distinguished" former UAL executive:

"It is cost effective, and legal."

Just keep repeating that when you're really tired up there and you should snap right back to your senses.

I like the four hour sits. It lets me: Get airport burrito. Eat burrito. Start walking to crew room, realize burrito not sitting well. Hussle in professional quick-walk to nearest bathroom. Go in stall, explode. Hide in stall for 30 minutes to ensure everyone in ear-shot and nose-shot of explosion is boarded on their flights. Continue walk to crew room. Stop again, repeat explosion. Go for a coffee and bagel to calm stomach. Get to crew room, sit down next to hot F/A who is sleeping in lounger next to you. Wake up said F/A with sound of your anus rupturing. Non-shalantly go to crew room bathroom. Explode again. Hide again until the guy who was next to you has an OFF time. Attempt to clean up. Go to rollaboard, get cologne and spray on ass of your pants. Gather belongings, head to airplane.

So like I said, if we didn't have sits, I don't think we'd ever be able to eat at the airport.

FlyChicaga said:
I like the four hour sits. It lets me: Get airport burrito. Eat burrito. Start walking to crew room, realize burrito not sitting well. Hussle in professional quick-walk to nearest bathroom. Go in stall, explode. Hide in stall for 30 minutes to ensure everyone in ear-shot and nose-shot of explosion is boarded on their flights. Continue walk to crew room. Stop again, repeat explosion. Go for a coffee and bagel to calm stomach. Get to crew room, sit down next to hot F/A who is sleeping in lounger next to you. Wake up said F/A with sound of your anus rupturing. Non-shalantly go to crew room bathroom. Explode again. Hide again until the guy who was next to you has an OFF time. Attempt to clean up. Go to rollaboard, get cologne and spray on ass of your pants. Gather belongings, head to airplane.

So like I said, if we didn't have sits, I don't think we'd ever be able to eat at the airport.

That's pretty funny!

FlyChicaga said:

Man..

I'm impressed.

For a guy with 1500 hours.. you pretty much summed up the airline pilot
experience..

Question is... what do you learn now?

Mugs said:
Of course if JetBlue gets the exemption, guys will still commute in the day of for these daunting days. I can see it now. A Capt. and F/O both get up at home around 4:30AM for a 6:00AM commuter flight to JFK. By 10:00AM it's a launch to the West Coast (into winter headwinds, contemplating a fuel stop). Turn around and head back to JFK (nasty WX for the return of course) and if things go well it is only a little past midnight when the exhausted crew limps off the airplane.

I remember several years ago when we at UAL were complaining (who, us?) about West Coast - ORD red eyes followed immediately by a morning CVG turn for example to finish the trip. We kind of wanted to be done when the red eye was over. But, in the words of a "distinguished" former UAL executive:

"It is cost effective, and legal."

Just keep repeating that when you're really tired up there and you should snap right back to your senses.

Yes, I think what we are doing now is better. commute to work, work 10hrs, delay for 4 hrs and fly the last 2 hrs leg home. 16 hrs duty day! you got a love it. And don't forget the "burrito"

8vATE said:
Question is... what do you learn now?

Well, if the 8 in 24 exemption goes through, I'll need to learn how to do the above in the cockpit. Better have the O2 ready. 'Cause you'll only have 30 minutes to get that burrito and eat it in the cockpit on your coast-to-coast treks.

Blue shirts. Blue latex gloves. Blue depends.

this has nothing to do with aviation but how do you put an avatar that is cool on your profile? I know how to change it. I am looking at putting something cool, you know, like you guys.

Latest resources

Back