JetBlue Question??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flythere

I'll admit my ignorance up front! I'm not real familiar with JetBlue, but I heard from a co-worker that JetBlue pilots are not permanent employees. He mentioned a 4 or 5 year contract that is up for re-negotiation at that time! Is this true? If so, why would someone take a pilot job that can be pulled away after 4 or 5 years? I guess if you want to get your foot in the door and get jet time, but dang!!!

Are they Unionized??

nice

I'll admit my ignorance up front! I'm not real familiar with JetBlue, but I heard from a co-worker that JetBlue pilots are not permanent employees. He mentioned a 4 or 5 year contract that is up for re-negotiation at that time! Is this true? If so, why would someone take a pilot job that can be pulled away after 4 or 5 years? I guess if you want to get your foot in the door and get jet time, but dang!!!

Are they Unionized??

Here we go. :bomb:

THIS IS NOT FLAME-BAIT!! I live on the west coast and don't know much about jetblue, just an honest question. It is in no way intended to start sh!t!!

THIS IS NOT FLAME-BAIT!! I live on the west coast and don't know much about jetblue, just an honest question. It is in no way intended to start sh!t!!

Do a little research from older threads and I am sure you can put out your own fire.....:pimp:

The short answer to all your questions is "no." This may come as a shock, but 99.9% of us have "jet time" as PIC from other previous employers and are not wet-behind-the-ears rookies looking to log jet time.

I dont mean to sound harsh, but I dont want to rehash a bunch of stuff that's already been covered ad nauseum; just do a search on this forum for all your questions and you should have your answers.

Good luck

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back