• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Question??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i was an 320 captain by my 5th year, but my contract expired and i was given a new seniority number and became an e-190 FO.

Present one case out of our near 1800 pilots on property that were brought in on year 5 and told he was being let go as a result of his 5 year contract expiration and I will give you a million bucks

They probably wouldn't get rid of all 1800 at once, but I would hate to be the one or two that were shown the door without just cause or any union protection!!

Long term, it seems kinda risky, of course this whole industry can be risky at times, it just seems to me this may be added stress!!

They probably wouldn't get rid of all 1800 at once, but I would hate to be the one or two that were shown the door without just cause or any union protection!!

Long term, it seems kinda risky, of course this whole industry can be risky at times, it just seems to me this may be added stress!!

So you're one of the .05% that require union protection not to be fired?

Well, that question seems to have been answered. Now, what is this that I'm hearing that pilots have to help clean the airplanes on turns. Is that correct?
Seems pretty far-fetched. Also, has anyone ever tried to draw parallels between JetBlue and People Express? I think if someone took some time they might be able to find some parallels, I don't know.

Well, that question seems to have been answered. Now, what is this that I'm hearing that pilots have to help clean the airplanes on turns. Is that correct?
Seems pretty far-fetched. Also, has anyone ever tried to draw parallels between JetBlue and People Express? I think if someone took some time they might be able to find some parallels, I don't know.

You know, you might be on to something. I also heard they dont pay for their airplanes, fuel, or landing fees. I bet their costs will go up significantly when they do. Also I here they only fly to profitable cities and on profitable routes. What gives? Who do they think they are? They are all about transcon turns too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIAMONDDD

You know, you might be on to something. I also heard they dont pay for their airplanes, fuel, or landing fees. I bet their costs will go up significantly when they do. Also I here they only fly to profitable cities and on profitable routes. What gives? Who do they think they are? They are all about transcon turns too.

Oooh yeah! And they fly out of Newark, too, sometimes. And...and their a/c burn jet A! I hear those People Express a/c did, too! Oh, and sometimes the CEO can be seen chatting with the rank and file workers! Oh, and I betcha they fly to some places that PE flew, too, like Columbus!

::strolling back to the grassy knoll::

SCR

Oh, and I betcha they fly to some places that PE flew, too, like Columbus!

::strolling back to the grassy knoll::

SCR

Now who in their right mind would want to fly to Columbus?

I'll admit my ignorance up front! I'm not real familiar with JetBlue, but I heard from a co-worker that JetBlue pilots are not permanent employees. He mentioned a 4 or 5 year contract that is up for re-negotiation at that time! Is this true? If so, why would someone take a pilot job that can be pulled away after 4 or 5 years? I guess if you want to get your foot in the door and get jet time, but dang!!!

Are they Unionized??

FT,

We have a 5 year agreement that includes what we do for the company and what the company will do for us. That's all.

It has nothing to do with retaining your employment there. That's all rumor from those who cannot get an interview, or have been declined, or just dislike JetBlue for some reason.

Yes the pilots are asked to help clean, time permitting. Usually just a few rows and straighten a few seatbelts. We don't touch the lavs, nor do the FAs.

Stick

Latest resources

Back