Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Quality of life compared to regional?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My health care at JB is saving me over $1000 per year compared to my previous employer (a regional).

Well I save over $1500 per year by dumping JetBlue's insurance and going on my wife's insurance. Lets give Jetblue a round of applause for getting pretty close to what the regionals give thier pilots.

Well I save over $1500 per year by dumping JetBlue's insurance and going on my wife's insurance. Lets give Jetblue a round of applause for getting pretty close to what the regionals give thier pilots.

Oh no! The insurance I had at Air Wisconsin was WAY better than what JetBlue offers. I had to switch to my wife's insurance when I started at JB.

However, commuting to reserve in JFK was WAY better than the commute to a line I had in PHL for AWAC. I'm glad I made the move.

S.

People, I'm just saying I pay less per year now than I used to pay. I'm not making any judgements on the quality of our insurance. I'm just saying I pay less.

Wait -- are we talking JetBlue mainline or JetBlue express?

I think they have different benefit packages.

:D

OK, now for the other side of the coin. What are the top 3-5 reasons why people are currently leaving Jet Blue? Sounds like healthcare/insurance, base pay, upgrade time and some other reasons are top-of-mind.

I have heard that people have left for Netjets and Delta and a few others (BTW, I don't think leaving for Fedex is a good idea unless you want to be based out of Hong Kong for the first 3-5 years).

What are their primary motivations for departing JB beyond the pay issue?

All of you complaining about health care at JetBlue need to look around at the rest of the country. Health care costs have skyrocketed everywhere. JetBlue isn't the exception, they are the norm. While there are companies that have better plans, there are others that have worse. I'm on my third version of health care at B6. It hasn't changed that much. There have been incremental increases each year, but there haven't been any drastic increases.

I know, I know. SWA is awesome! $35 @ paycheck for a family. NetJets is free. I get it. Some companies have great plans. All I'm saying is that JetBlue isn't out of the mainstream. Health care is expensive and many, many companies are struggling to keep the costs down. That doesn't mean JetBlue can't trim the fat and improve things somewhat, but they aren't way out of line. If you think our health care sucks, then bail out and go buy your own. You'll be shocked at how much it costs.

All of you complaining about health care at JetBlue need to look around at the rest of the country. Health care costs have skyrocketed everywhere. JetBlue isn't the exception, they are the norm. While there are companies that have better plans, there are others that have worse. I'm on my third version of health care at B6. It hasn't changed that much. There have been incremental increases each year, but there haven't been any drastic increases.

I know, I know. SWA is awesome! $35 @ paycheck for a family. NetJets is free. I get it. Some companies have great plans. All I'm saying is that JetBlue isn't out of the mainstream. Health care is expensive and many, many companies are struggling to keep the costs down. That doesn't mean JetBlue can't trim the fat and improve things somewhat, but they aren't way out of line. If you think our health care sucks, then bail out and go buy your own. You'll be shocked at how much it costs.

Amen! Thank you, finally someone else who understands that its not just the airline world where health insurance aint what it used to be. Not giving JB a free pass on this, but the costs/plan benefits are what's systemic with what's wrong with our entire healthcare system.

My wife tried to offer her co's employees healthcare coverage. Even if she were to pay 90% of it, it would still be cost prohibitive for any of her employees to participate. They would be spending half of their monthly salaries to get insurance. She has only 10 employees. Her portion of the match would have been more than their salaries! It would be impossible to pay the whole thing and stay in business.

Where in gods name have you been? I have been at JB 7 yrs and our healthcare has gone from great to piss poor. We dont have health ins. We have catastraughic ins.

Where in gods name have you been? I have been at JB 7 yrs and our healthcare has gone from great to piss poor. We dont have health ins. We have catastraughic ins.

Where in God's name have you been? Health care has tripled over the last 7 years.

Once again, I'm neither defending or approving of our health care plans. I'm simply telling those of you that are complaining that you are either myopic about the state of health care in this country or are totally unrealistic about what you think you should get from your employer.

Latest resources

Back