• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Proud To Be The First To Drop Health Coverage For Labor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is a problem for all of us. JB will now have a cost advantage that others will have to compete against. Hopefully we hold the line with our CBAs. Check out the Airline Industrial Labor Conference. They collude on things like this and if it works at JB, expect other managements to start whittling away our plans. Shame on you anti-union pilots. No CBA to try and prevent this.

This is a problem for all of us. JB will now have a cost advantage that others will have to compete against. Hopefully we hold the line with our CBAs. Check out the Airline Industrial Labor Conference. They collude on things like this and if it works at JB, expect other managements to start whittling away our plans. Shame on you anti-union pilots. No CBA to try and prevent this.

You're absolutely right. I see you have flown a C17, do us a favor and contact every B6 C17 driver you know and share your sentiments. And no I'm not blaming military pilots for our dilemma, each demographic has its issues.

probably alot cheaper to just go to church more often, eat less red meat, drink more red wine, ejaculate more (doc says it lowers risk of testicular cancer) and load up on motrin if you have kids.

I believe that this will close the margin for union representation. Just about everyone will be on board now. This is probably JetBlue's plan, get the inevitable union in, then delay the negotiation process as long as possible. Genius.

after this decision and and management wonders why people unionize...

Did the ceo drop his medical?

um

Noooooooo SIR!! Mr. Bardger is happy to let you know that he is on the exact same plan as all his employees. He's just like you and me. Just like the ramp rats and the flight attendants making $25-$40k a year. Just like the first year FO's making $40k a year. Yep he's just like us on the same plan making in a week what it takes us a year to make. SAME!

On a side note... Mr. Bardger also won't ever have to worry about those pesky out of pocket expenses for having a child. All us breeders will just have to own our children as well as our health.

No doubt that Obamacare passage and mandatory enforcement effective next year was the final straw for JB.. with its guaranteed coverage, kids to 26 etc... the financial facts are that many businesses will be killing there health care programs in favor of cheaper costs and less admin costs...

This change has been in the works for three years. It was coming before Obamacare was close to passing.

In the DR starting pushback

Dude you look at this L route puts us right through the weather up L453

Okay let me fire up my cellphone and call dispatch.

Fire up your phone?

Ya man so we can get a new route

Screw that your phone will sync all your text messages and flica alerts and emails will sync at a cost of about $35 and then you will spend $40 making a call with connect fees.

I have a better idea airinc phone patch

umm yaa that works

25 min later patch complete new route loaded and ready for departure. Its not my fault that i went illegal for the next days turn and am sitting home with my family a day earlier. If the company wanted that option they can buy me a cell phone

Noooooooo SIR!! Mr. Bardger is happy to let you know that he is on the exact same plan as all his employees. He's just like you and me. Just like the ramp rats and the flight attendants making $25-$40k a year. Just like the first year FO's making $40k a year. Yep he's just like us on the same plan making in a week what it takes us a year to make. SAME!

On a side note... Mr. Bardger also won't ever have to worry about those pesky out of pocket expenses for having a child. All us breeders will just have to own our children as well as our health.

He won't have to worry about any of those pesky out-of-pocket expenses for ANYTHING because ALL his deductibles and premiums are reimbursed by Jetblue.

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. And that is saying something.

Tell me, were companies required to offer health insurance before obamacare? How much was the penalty for not providing health insurance before obamacare?

Dude are you serious? Bro jetbue sucks!

Latest resources

Back