• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Proud To Be The First To Drop Health Coverage For Labor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is consumer driven health insurance. This program gives an incentive to shop providers for the best price because you are using your own money. This also discourages you from overusing the medical system for something like the common cough.

This is basically what republicans and talk radio have been saying will save our medical system. I don't know what you guys are complaining about....

Get right back to us after you are diagnosed with something that requires immediate surgery or prolonged hospital care. Let us know how that shopping around goes when you start getting bills from every corner of the medical proffession ( including doctors that you never spoke to and for drugs you never knew you took) while you are trying to recover and get your medical back. It may work fine for an elective procedure, but is an absolute disaster when you REALLY need to use it.

I can garuntee you that you won't be defending a single aspect of it if you ever have to live through that.

Get right back to us after you are diagnosed with something that requires immediate surgery or prolonged hospital care. Let us know how that shopping around goes when you start getting bills from every corner of the medical proffession ( including doctors that you never spoke to and for drugs you never knew you took) while you are trying to recover and get your medical back. It may work fine for an elective procedure, but is an absolute disaster when you REALLY need to use it.

I can garuntee you that you won't be defending a single aspect of it if you ever have to live through that.

All that crap you state is what Aflac is for. It really is a good idea.

I wasn't defending it. I am not a brain-dead republican.

This is basically what republicans and talk radio have been saying will save our medical system. I don't know what you guys are complaining about....

No, this is only a small part of the picture of CDHC. The rest, the most important part, would be to stop disadvantaging consumers when purchasing their own insurance, make insurance portable when changing companies, and allowing purchasing of insurance across state lines. None of this is in place so we're still effectively chained to the employer's plan, which means we're being purposely driven in the opposite direction: towards single-payer government health care.

Don't blame this on Republicans. This is not remotely a free market solution.

This is year 1 of a 3 yr plan to shift health care costs to the employees and go to high premium, very high deductible, catastrophic-only coverage. It's not a press release or a stated official agenda but it's not a secret if you pay attention either.

No, this is only a small part of the picture of CDHC. The rest, the most important part, would be to stop disadvantaging consumers when purchasing their own insurance, make insurance portable when changing companies, and allowing purchasing of insurance across state lines. None of this is in place so we're still effectively chained to the employer's plan, which means we're being purposely driven in the opposite direction: towards single-payer government health care.

Don't blame this on Republicans. This is not remotely a free market solution.

Not really entirely true. Sure, they would prefer all of those things in a perfect right-wing world. But even before obamacare and within the construct of our current system, conservatives were/are in favor of these plans that are not "first-dollar" coverage.

Maybe I was too partican in my initial comments, but the reality is that they have been telling us that these plans, even within our current system are going to lower healthcare costs because it will discourage using doctors for colds and other unworthy afflictions, as well as have people shop providers based on lowest price.

Is it everything they want policy wise, no. Has it been promoted by conservatives, even within our current system? Big fat yes.

Latest resources

Back