• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Proud To Be The First To Drop Health Coverage For Labor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your's sounds good, i'll be looking at $14,000 out of pocket including premiums -$800 paid by the company.

Premium for a family on the middle plan is $ 385/mo.

Last edited:
You can thank Obozo Care for your situation. Cheaper to pay a $2,500 fine per employee than to provide health care above Medicad. But you can keep your Doctor - Not.

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. And that is saying something.

Tell me, were companies required to offer health insurance before obamacare? How much was the penalty for not providing health insurance before obamacare?

Last edited:
I work for a legacy with bad insurance. This is not just a Jetblue problem.

Here's a summary of my health insurance.

premium for a family about @230/month
family deductible $3000 with 80/20 coverage after that
maximum out of pocket $5000+$3000 deductible-$1500 they give you to make the plan seem okay=$6500 out of pocket

That's pretty damn good insurance. What are you complaining about?

Legacy pilots wine too much. One of
My friends works for Mesa (bad post 911 luck) after 9 years he is an FO making 38k and he buys his insurance on the open market because the company insurance is so bad.

Legacy pilots wine too much. One of
My friends works for Mesa (bad post 911 luck) after 9 years he is an FO making 38k and he buys his insurance on the open market because the company insurance is so bad.

Most people don't consider JetBlue to be in the same category as Mesa. When people leave the regionals, they expect improvements in pay and quality of life.

By the way...

Wine = what you drink with dinner.
Whine = what turbine engines sound like.

This is consumer driven health insurance. This program gives an incentive to shop providers for the best price because you are using your own money. This also discourages you from overusing the medical system for something like the common cough.

This is basically what republicans and talk radio have been saying will save our medical system. I don't know what you guys are complaining about....

Latest resources

Back