Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Pilots - You have to clean the cabin?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, we don't have to.... We WANT TO! And if you like picking up chicks, try grabbing a vacuum cleaner and clean a few Isles!!

Why does everyone always make a big deal out of this?

It takes all of maybe two minutes to help three flight attendants pick up newspapers and other miscellaneous little pieces of trash.

I don't know anything first hand about jetBlue, but I know at where I work it isn't expected that the pilots clean the cabin. But, when the pilots help out, it definitely brings a smile to the FA's faces and helps us find a common ground. I like getting to know our flight attendants, and those few moments on the ground between flights helps encourage conversation.

It's the same thing as this - flight attendants are not required to bring up drinks for me, but they always ask if they can. They also provide us with home-baked snacks and light meals they prepare at home. They aren't required to, but they are being NICE. Something more pilots should learn how to be.

GE CF-34,
This is not a slam, but if your asking the question, its a good indicator that maybe JetBlue or SWA is not for you.

English hit it right on the head. The FA's are very busy between flights and what ever little token effort the pilots put forth to help them out is truly appreciated. Plus, its a great time to comb the isles and grab some complimentary magazines and maybe even a WSJ if you hit the jackpot.

English said:
They aren't required to, but they are being NICE. Something more pilots should learn how to be.
A simple question about required Jetblue pilot duties elicits a unsolicited generic assumption from you that many pilots are not "nice". Maybe that perception about pilots not being nice is indicative of your peers attitude around you. Maybe there is a reason for this?

To the topic at hand....... as far as this being required duties for Jetblue pilots, that is fine IF the total compensation of Jetblue pilots reflected this obvious cost cutting measure by management. However, with the already ridiculous low compensation package and benefits at Jetblue, this is nothing less than the further lowering of the bar for all airline industry pilots.

Les Paul

I do it, gladly.

On a trip? Who cares, I'm more than willing to help. As if I've got something better to do than call the van.

If I have a plane to catch to go home, it's understood. There will be no cleaning. I'm going home. I expect the same of the FA's.

We all pitch in.

Let me add my endorsement to the sentiment that it's a nice thing to do, pitch in and help your coworkers when you can. Having said that, I am reminded of every time this subject comes up, pilots ADAMANTLY proclaim that cleaning the cabin is NOT required, they just do it because they WANT to - - makes the airline more productive, makes the FA's happier, etc., etc., etc.

Yet here we have it in black and white, straight from the JetBlue website.

ALL CREWMEMBERS MUST ASSIST . . .

What say ye, blue bus drivers?

TonyC said:
Let me add my endorsement to the sentiment that it's a nice thing to do, pitch in and help your coworkers when you can. Having said that, I am reminded of every time this subject comes up, pilots ADAMANTLY proclaim that cleaning the cabin is NOT required, they just do it because they WANT to - - makes the airline more productive, makes the FA's happier, etc., etc., etc.

Yet here we have it in black and white, straight from the JetBlue website.

ALL CREWMEMBERS MUST ASSIST . . .

What say ye, blue bus drivers?
Say Tony,

What do you do to further your company's profitability other than your incredible ability to land a widebody?

Pull...no..not yet..pull..(rudder?)....ahhhh..nice...Yea.. Your plane, Captain.

Is that about it?

zonker said:
Say Tony,

What do you do to further your company's profitability other than your incredible ability to land a widebody?

Pull...no..not yet..pull..(rudder?)....ahhhh..nice...Yea.. Your plane, Captain.

Is that about it?
So, that's the best you can do? That's your answer, a personal attack?

Anybody else have a legitimate answer?

TonyC said:
So, that's the best you can do? That's your answer, a personal attack?

Anybody else have a legitimate answer?
It's not a personal attack... I'm just teasing you.

Really.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back