Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Pilots - You have to clean the cabin?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If getting a job with JetBlue means going outside and cleaning the canopy and coming back inside to straighten out the isles I'd do it! For those JetBluers like "HoldOn" and "Zonker" what do I need to do to get the interview with JetBlue? Additionally, what is the gouge on the phone interview?
Thanks!

I can tell you this much a bunch of our guys are becoming less likely to help when the company doesnt even give us Cost of living raises, changes our health insurance, and raises our premiums. I have no problem paying a higher premium but my raises should be at least Cost of Living. The FA's and pilots save this company a ton of money by all the extra work we do so it would be nice if mgmt. gave a little back in terms of insurance relief and COLA.

I have to agree with A320Drivr. Inflation is on the rise and if pay does'nt keep pace, then I think things will get a little interesting down the road. Wait, watch, listen, and learn.

Cheers!

just out of curiosity is there a timeline when it comes to raises at Jblue? I know you're not Alpa but is there an in-house union that represents the pilots during negotiations or is it all decided by executives?

Patmack18 said:
Whatever happened to a little work ethic? Man I've never seen so much bittching about 2 extra minutes of manual labor to help out your co-workers. Tell me the profession hasn't taken that big of a dive...
No kidding-they must be ex-AF or USN.

a320drivr said:
my raises should be at least Cost of Living.
a320drivr,

my, my, my, my, my...me, me, me, me, me...stomp foot and suck thumb.

You're dreamin' pal. Please list the carriers that have COLA clauses in thier contracts. Come on now, go ahead and list em'. Good luck.

Check out www.airlinepilotpay.com and you'll find out that most carriers give maybe a $1 to $2/hr raise per year. If you're lucky it might even be $3/hr more per year.

Geez...the USair guys on the A320 get NO RAISES AT ALL after year 12, yet alone a cost of living adjustmet!!!! Give it a rest and be greatful for what you have. Sometimes all I can do is close my eyes and shake my head.:confused:

V2

i would think that most of the non jb posters should be more worried about their own company's relative financial stability compared to jetblue...and learn from the JB culture....isn't JB, SWA, ALK and the cargo carriers the only ones in the black these days? they must be doing something right...maybe a lot of things right!

change is very hard for all of us...especially the ones who fell in love with this profession during the glory days of yesteryear...obviously flying airliners has changed...and changed permanently. we all must accept and adapt...if we don't we will become familiar with the same demise as the dinosaur!!! a few airlines are unfortunately very close to that reality...

wndshr said:
i would think that most of the non jb posters should be more worried about their own company's relative financial stability compared to jetblue...and learn from the JB culture....
I think you may be on to something there. I'm not sure if I should be the one to forward the suggestion - - perhaps it would more appropriately be the privilege of General Lee. More important than taking a 30+% pay rate cut, delaying the return of furloughees, and accepting numerous other workrule concessions, they should have agreed to help clean the cabins. THAT's the thing that would insure the financial health of the company, to be sure.

:rolleyes:

jetpilot243 said:
If getting a job with JetBlue means going outside and cleaning the canopy and coming back inside to straighten out the isles I'd do it! For those JetBluers like "HoldOn" and "Zonker" what do I need to do to get the interview with JetBlue? Additionally, what is the gouge on the phone interview?
Thanks!
As far as getting the interview, it's anybody's guess. I've heard Dean say though "make sure they keep updating" Secondly, the phone interview is designed to weed out the "I'm not cleaning the back of an airplane" attitudes:D No really, pilots are a dime a dozen these days. However, to find one with a great attitude and is willing to go out of their way to take care of the "customers", well that's a different story.

good luck

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back