Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue pilots show that a $110k pilot...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Overheard in the Terminal In Memphis

Passengers watching the event live in the Memphis terminal were duly impressed with the outcome of this landing. One particular Memphian was heard to remark.

Daaaayyyuuuuuuuuummmm.......Those Janitors Got Skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you think the schmo that used his camcorder during the emergency landing as broadcast on PMSNBC last night shows there was a problem with compliance on that Jetblue flight? Or, did the passenger know he was exempt from this rule becuase he was an employee of NBC?

I actually heard that the schmo with the camcorder is a comedian. He not only recorded the landing, he left a "Goodbye, I'm going to die, Love you Honey" message. Now that is funny. Also, what was with the lady on the video crying hysterically. I think the Blue Dudes did a great job, but this wasn't Al Haynes and United. This wasn't the dangerous of an emergency. Were there a lot of people on board that thought this was their final flight? I know a lot of people are afraid of flying, but come on.

FN FAL said:
The sad part is, things have gotten so bad in this country, when someone actually does their job it makes the six o'clock news.

I agree, like those college kids that their parents give them cars and vacations because they get good grades....

Al Haines? Who's Al Haines?

Oh that's right. He was the guy on the United Airlines flight that lost all hydraulics and gave the controls to DENNIS FITCH (Line Check airman in the back of the plane who was jumpseating) who was actually at the controls when the aircraft came in for what seemed like an impossible landing.

Al spoke on the radio....oh, and speaks a lot now to aviation groups. He did a fine job on the radio, though.

Dennis Fitch is the hero.

WhiteCloud said:
It's actually a pretty cool concept to be able to step in the back and look at your own landing gear situation on TV first hand. Did the flight crew take a look at it? Pulling the CB might seem like the right thing to do but 3 hours of circling with nothing to do but worry or talk about the situation might have other consequences. Anyway...the crew did a great job and this will probably be a textbook case on how to do things right.

It would be great if the pilots could determine what progamming the PAX were watching in a emergency. Listening to some pseudo expert on TV try to mak3e the situation more dramatic would freak almost anyone out. The need a specail switch so that the only thing the Tvs will play is "the Big Lebowski".

Pedro said:
I agree, like those college kids that their parents give them cars and vacations because they get good grades....
:D Ha! My old man just wrote me out of the will for going to college on my own steam at age 46...the sumbitch.

I have a feeling I'm going to get SJS syndrome sooner or later, but I'll probably be 61 and a lottery winner when it happens! :)

FN FAL said:
:D Ha! My old man just wrote me out of the will for going to college on my own steam at age 46...the sumbitch.

I have a feeling I'm going to get SJS syndrome sooner or later, but I'll probably be 61 and a lottery winner when it happens! :)

Haha, maybe you can leave some student loans foryour kids to pay ;)

Stay in the Caravan man, a lot of times I find myself wishing I took that Caravan job they offered me.....

Alertness Management

Lemmmee guess...

AMP = ATA?

After seeing both Al Haynes and Dennis Fitch speak, I think they're both heroes, as is the whole crew of UA 232. But you're right...it turned out only Capt. Fitch was affecting the flight path.

Latest resources

Back