Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

QOL_is_great:)

What the?
I trust this is not a new method for JetBlue pilots to spread the happiness of JB?
Question, if these guys were not on company time then how would anyone in the local police find out they are JB pilots?
Good luck to these guys with both the system and JB.

News article:
Two JetBlue pilots have been charged with two counts of theft and one of felony battery after allegedly attacking a Miami cab driver over a $9 fare after a ride from a Fort Lauderdale strip club to a Subway restaurant, police said.
Pilots William Hart Smith, 40, and Brad Leopard, 38, both of Fort Lauderdale, allegedly attacked cab driver Juan Martin at about 2 a.m. Aug. 12, said Fort Lauderdale Detective Katherine Collins. The pilots were arrested weeks later, on Sunday.
Martin said he picked the men up at the Solid Gold strip club on Oakland Park Boulevard, and they asked to be taken to a Subway. When he dropped them off, they began arguing aver the $9 fare, Collins said.
The men walked away from the cab without paying, according to the police report. The cabbie got out of his car and demanded payment, but they got angry and said something like, ''Who do you think we are? Tourists?'' Martin told police.
The men hit the cabbie in the head, then got more violent, according to the police report. They kicked and punched Martin in the head and face.
The cabbie suffered a concussion, a broken ankle and bruises to his elbow and knee.
A witness confirmed that the victim was repeatedly kicked and punched, and a Subway surveillance camera caught the incident on tape, according to the report.
Alison Eshelman, a spokeswoman for JetBlue, declined to comment whether Smith and Leopard still worked for the airline after their arrests.
''We will continue to monitor the case,'' she said.

Sucks for that cab driver, but serves him right for overcharging people. That happense all the time with taxi cab drivers. Maybe next time he won't be so quick to rip people off. I think he should be arrested for fraud.

Sucks for that cab driver, but serves him right for overcharging people. That happense all the time with taxi cab drivers. Maybe next time he won't be so quick to rip people off. I think he should be arrested for fraud.

Are we sure its fraud?

If it was then why did the jB pilots not simply give the cabbie the fair value? Given hin say $5 and walk away....

I bet those jB pilots are wishing they did allot of things differently...

Who cares? They should have been arrested for going to Solid Gold there are a lot better strip clubs in south florida.

Hmmm....nice post. I will have to assume you are not very bright. The nerve of that cab driver to demand payment.....Yeah......a broken ankle and a concussion over $5 bucks...that's a fair trade.

Keeping in mind there is probably more to the story, the real issue is two guys flying for a major airline beating up a cab driver over a few bucks.

What do these guys make compared to the cab driver? Discretion is always the better part of valor. Why take the chance? Especially since it was apparently caught on tape. Look at potential career earnings lost versus coughing up an extra five bucks.

They better get a good lawyer that can convince a jury it was self defense.

Why were they arguing over a $9 cab ride? When I come home late, I often get a cab from MARTA to my house in ATL. The ride is less than two miles, takes 5 minutes and costs me $8.

If Subway was that close to the strip club, wouldn't they just walk?

Well.... Solid Gold and the subway are about 100 feet apart and the TV people say that the cab driver pepper sprayed them when they would not pay the $9. Kinda makes more sense now doesn't it?

Well.... Solid Gold and the subway are about 100 feet apart and the TV people say that the cab driver pepper sprayed them when they would not pay the $9. Kinda makes more sense now doesn't it?

Not really. Although that does make the fare seem ridiculous, what moron would hire a cab to go 100 feet?

No not at all. Consider the end result. Two pilots with good jobs Kicking skulls and breaking legs because they got pepper sprayed for trying to steal 9 bucks from a cab driver. Yeah that makes perfect sense. How will a jury see it. Better get good lawyers.

As I posted earlier, there is more to this story and the truth will come out, apparently it is all on tape with plenty of witnesses.

In the end these guys may prove it was self defense, but why put yourself in that position in the first place?

Latest resources

Back