Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue pilots begin organization drive...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice back pedalling. Fact, DALPA does have a problem with this FAA decision. You were grossly wrong to state otherwise. Fact, the change in duty times was the result of the latest studies in fatigue. You were wrong to state otherwise. Fact, the Delta pilots did not use paying passengers to conduct any of these studies, unlike the willing participation of JBLU pilots.

Even when you are presented with the fact that DALPA has had limited to no input on this decision and objects to this decision by the FAA, you continue to state that DALPA has "ALLOWED" for an increase. You must be real stupid or so bitter and resentful that you can no longer differentiate between the facts and your own anti-ALPA resentments/hatred, no matter the facts.

How can anyone respect your inputs Homer...DOOUUHHH!!!

Don't worry....the ALPA naysayers at JetBlue represent an ever increasing miniority of pilots...Well below 40%, and mostly include those who are sitting left seat A320, crediting 85 plus hours a month. The rest of the pilots WILL carry the majority vote and control the direction of future improvements! It seems like a slam dunk from my perspective

Don't worry....the ALPA naysayers at JetBlue represent an ever increasing miniority of pilots...Well below 40%, and mostly include those who are sitting left seat A320, crediting 85 plus hours a month. The rest of the pilots WILL carry the majority vote and control the direction of future improvements! It seems like a slam dunk from my perspective

That will be good. I foresee a lot of cost cutbacks in JBLU's future. Without organized representation, the pilots will be at the mercy of management.

Wrong on all accounts.
Keep up the good work.

That will be good. I foresee a lot of cost cutbacks in JBLU's future. Without organized representation, the pilots will be at the mercy of management.

If recent history has any say, would you not agree that 'with organized representation, the pilots will be at the mercy of management'? I am in no means trying to have an unhealthy debate here...just curious what advantage it would be to have ALPA on the property.

If recent history has any say, would you not agree that 'with organized representation, the pilots will be at the mercy of management'? I am in no means trying to have an unhealthy debate here...just curious what advantage it would be to have ALPA on the property.

The ability to negotiate versus unilateral management cuts in benefits.

The ability to negotiate versus unilateral management cuts in benefits.

I guess what I am saying is it certainly hasn't helped anyone else recently. I am afraid that we will spend years negotiating back what we already have if ALPA is voted in...only to find ourselves right back in the same position. If someone can convince me otherwise I'll listen. Did you take your recall yet?

Hey 69, and I won't be your 9 sorry.

You are speaking of Alpa and their recent furloughs, paycuts, pension failures etc. etc. I completely understand your argument. What you don't see is what goes on behind the scenes. At Swapa we have many pay issues, military affairs, our 401K, and many other issues that are hammered out with SWA every month. One person could not possibly win some of the pay issues, contract issues, etc against our company that the union has the ability to do. While SWAPA does get along with the company very well we still have our differences. Scheduling issues are probably our biggest issues with SWA. We just want them to follow what we perceive is the contract while they also think they are following the contract. You need some power behind your rights therefore a union or some type of association that has the legal power to negotiate with the corporation is a good thing. Just my opinion, I don't know much about JB so take that for what it is worth.

respectfully
Bake

now thats funny!! i've been very impressed with the way ALPA has fought/negotiated all the cutbacks the last 5 years. i.e. loss of retirement, loss of pay, loss of jobs and allowing DELTA PILOTS to have an increase in duty/flight time. very, very impressive. (well worth the 1.95)

its my opinion that when? a union is voted in a B6, it will be in-house. ALPA'S record (of when it really counts) proves that ALPA protection is a fallacy.

"We don't want to kill the golden goose; we just want to choke it by the neck until it gives us every last egg it has."

Last edited:
I am afraid that we will spend years negotiating back what we already have if ALPA is voted in...only to find ourselves right back in the same position. If someone can convince me otherwise I'll listen. Did you take your recall yet?

Just depends on how much the leadership wants to jack with the pilot group and how much they want to harm the product. If the negotiations wind up protracted and at a stalemate, pilots will leave the company and the product will suffer because of it. I don't think D squared wants that any more than the pilots due. As long as both sides have very realistic economic and timeline expectations, there's no reason negotiations can't be beneficial to both sides.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back