Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue pilots begin organization drive...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hate to break the news to ya' Lear but D1 (Neeleman) and D2 (Barger) both donate thier entire salaries (200k?) to a fund specifically for employees that need financial help. Show me any CEO or Prez that does that elsewhere in this business.

No matter what is happening here at JB, that speaks volumes for the people they really are. OK, so they don't need the money. So what? Who can match that ?

Hate to break the news to ya' Lear but D1 (Neeleman) and D2 (Barger) both donate thier entire salaries (200k?) to a fund specifically for employees that need financial help. Show me any CEO or Prez that does that elsewhere in this business.

No matter what is happening here at JB, that speaks volumes for the people they really are. OK, so they don't need the money. So what? Who can match that ?

Go to SEC.GOV and look up Neeleman Holdings.

I have no idea... I just thought it was humorous that the burrito place needed to be awesome to validate the cleaning story.....

BTW, your rant vs. Legacy unions is apples and oranges. There was a great deal of fat in those contracts and the industry was in crisis.

I find it disturbing that you refer to QOL, pay and retirement as "fat".

Pilot pay does not effect the competitiveness of an airline. What does effect the viability of an airline is when a pilot group (i.e. labor) makes significanly more/less than another airline.

Legacy airlines claimed they had to reduce pay to below LCCs in order to remain competitive. I say below because labor generally earns less years of longevity pay at a new LCC.

By AppleInsider Staff
Published: 09:55 AM EST
Apple Computer chief executive Steve Jobs received a $1 salary and no other compensation for fiscal year 2005, unchanged from the previous year.​

I guess Steve Jobs and the Jet Blue management must really care about their companies. Oh wait I guess I should have kept reading the article.......................

"Mr. Jobs's 10 million restricted shares, which were granted to him in 2003, were valued at $532 million at the end of fiscal 2005."

I'm sure Neeleman and Barger aren't too worried about their salary and probably even make their "donation" tax deductible.

Last edited:
By AppleInsider Staff

Published: 09:55 AM EST
Apple Computer chief executive Steve Jobs received a $1 salary and no other compensation for fiscal year 2005, unchanged from the previous year.​

I guess Steve Jobs and the Jet Blue management must really care about their companies​

Steve Jobs is worth over $4 billion

David Neeleman is worth over $100 million

The taking or leaving of executive salaries when you are in these guy's league is meaningless to this topic.

Why is there so much discussion over this? After all, most of you posters are all nothing but a bunch of Jetbleu (did I spell that right?) wannabees....or...Jetbleu..(YOU ARE NOTHING BUT PATHETIC LOSERS)..wannabees.

Good luck to you true blue folks. I LOVE flying your airline.

And....if they do vote for a union - vote ALPA. Absolutely the best $700 I still owe.

Thanks for the kind words ironspud.

Latest resources

Back