JetBlue Pilots beat up cab driver

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Union protection

Won't the union protect them to the best of their ability? Oh wait, the pilot group there doesn't want one on the property.

Time to man-up, admit the wrong doing and the non-adult behavior. Pay any fines, do the time, and admit they need professional help with their problem. Of course it may be to late for this route.

I don't see the court feeling sorry for these two guys at all. It's sad to see two guys have to go out this way.

Good Luck!!

I don't see the court feeling sorry for these two guys at all. It's sad to see two guys have to go out this way.

Good Luck!!

A few years ago in South FL, I read of a Major airline Captain that was tried for some sort of threats/assault on some insurance or healthcare company that was dealing with his father who was elderly/sick/invalid.

One can easily understand how a situation like that could send a person into the ceiling, but in the end, the judge gave the guy the maximum sentence, and cited in sentencing that the defendant should have know better than most people due to his position as an airline Captain. I don't remember the exact sentence, but it was jail time for at least a couple of years.

Walk away. There's no winning with the medical issues of eyes and knock outs, criminal charges, civil suits, lawyer fees, and "caring" corporate human resources.

The cab driver was going the wrong way to collect additional charges and was called on it. At that time he refused to listen to directions of the local residents, the two pilots. He finally brought them to the destination then expected a ridiculous fare. When they rejected the fair and attempted to exit the vehicle one of the pilots was maced by the cab driver. Then that pilot reacted with a punch. Then when they exited the cab the cab driver came after them with mace again and then they defended themselves. Thats what I heard. I do not know that I would take a macing without defending myself. Again, does this change the situation for any of you ready to throw these guys under the bus???

If it is true.....

Where did you "hear it".

Won't the union protect them to the best of their ability? Oh wait, the pilot group there doesn't want one on the property. quote]

It takes time to organize a union. That doesn't mean the pilots don't won't one. Rest assured, the wheels are in motion.

Meanwhile, why don't you post this on another board like, perhaps, the LCC board and then post your remark here on the Majors board within a few minutes as if no one has heard the news? Oh wait, you did. Perhaps your quality of life isn't what you advertise.

Won't the union protect them to the best of their ability? Oh wait, the pilot group there doesn't want one on the property.

Time to man-up, admit the wrong doing and the non-adult behavior. Pay any fines, do the time, and admit they need professional help with their problem. Of course it may be to late for this route.

Good Luck!!

Everytime I read a bonehead statement little yours I just shake my head. Its true we don't have a union at Jetblue, however idiots like you have no understanding of the union drive that is currently going on within our ranks. So as long as you are not part of this pilot group please keep statements to yourself. If these guys are guilty of the crime, well they both deserve to be fired and no union would be justified in condoning or defending this type of action. So, what does this have to do with our current union drive???

Good Luck!!

Guess you missed the part where they were charged with FELONY assault. Taking the "man-up" track as you suggest would mean permanently losing their airmen certificates without the benefit of a day in court.

Latest resources

Back