Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NERVOUS

Hello Blues,

Attempted to list over the phone for a js, and was told that I had to report to the gate and list on the spot.

I would like to get a head's up if my airline (Polar) is accepted on your flights, prior to making my plans to jumpseat with you.

Thank you all in advance.

Hello,

Checked our J/S list and yes Polar is on there. Our general Res people can't list you anymore, but she should have given you the number for offline listing: 888-538-2997. Good luck, welcome aboard.

Whoever told you that is mistaken. Even the gate agents are getting is wrong at times (they can list you, but they're reluctant).

The preferred way is to call our number at 801.365.2500, prompt 1, ext 6013. That will put you in touch with the correct person to list you Polar is on our list. Be prepared to have your passport, but it may not be necessary.

If there are seats available, they will probably give you a cabin seat right away. Do check in with the flight crew on boarding. Although not required (with a seat in the cabin) it is always appreciated.

Thank you both for your replies,

I specifically asked for a "non-rev" number in lieu of the main one, and was told none existed!

I will keep this one you have posted for my records.

I greatly appreciate all the information,

Happy flying!

I HATE that our system is setup to have to make you call a number to JS. There should be no requirement for this to JS...I don't like it.

Sorry for the headache guys.

Do check in with the flight crew on boarding. Although not required (with a seat in the cabin) it is always appreciated.

Negative: A jumpseater is always required to check in with the CA, seat in the back or not. It is appreciated that you request a ride not state that you are riding.

WELCOME ABOARD!:nuts:

Don't shoot the messenger, the fom says... "The captain's approval is not required if a jumpseat rider is assigned a main cabin seat by the Gate Crewmember and is occupying the seat."

I'm not saying I like it. It does conflict with other parts of the fom, but the fact remains that its there.

It's because that has happened to me that I make it a point to tell anyone working the flight that jumpseaters need to come to the cockpit to introduce themselves. If for any other reason than a professional courtesy.

I think with about 99.9999% of OAL jumpseaters it goes without saying.

Sometimes FA jumpseaters need to be prompted to come and "say hi" and all.

I don't care either way if our own are non-reving and don't say hi. sometimes there are 10-15 or even 20 of us on...takes too long to do the conga line thing and takes away from whatever the crew is doing up front.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back