• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Pilot jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Floatplane, I am not trying to stir the pot, but instead stating facts. I had a FedEx salesperson in the FA jumpseat once. We found out shortly before our initial descent. I never saw the person get on the flight, nor did she ever present herself to me. I spoke to the CP, and was re-affirmed that it was not my responsibility (as per the FOM), nor was it the Flight Attendants' responsibility (as per the FAM). If anyone ever "hangs you out to dry" due to someone sitting in a cabin jumpseat, then you have an easy law suit on your hands. AO members are responsible for checking the credentials of anyone sitting in the cabin, period. Now if you want to go above and beyond these rules, then that is your choice. I don't disagree with your practices regarding jumpseating. Just stating facts is all.

You may have not been hung out to dry but you help prove my point about everyone that occupies any jumpseat should check in with the cockpit crew. I don't care too much about lawsuits, but I will exercise my authority as the PIC and the IFSC to require any person that wants to occupy a jumpseat on my flights to check in with me. It's just not that hard to make sure someone that is riding on your aircraft does indeed belong on board.

You may have not been hung out to dry but you help prove my point about everyone that occupies any jumpseat should check in with the cockpit crew. I don't care too much about lawsuits, but I will exercise my authority as the PIC and the IFSC to require any person that wants to occupy a jumpseat on my flights to check in with me. It's just not that hard to make sure someone that is riding on your aircraft does indeed belong on board.

I'm not going to split hairs here. As long as we are all doing our part to run a safe ship, I believe that is what is most important.

Latest resources

Back