• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Phase I's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I went through requal training last month and Dean stopped by to talk for a minute. He talked about these pre-screenings. The way he explained it was that at the past interviews, there were a few people (very few people) that were so far from the type of personality they wanted to hire that about 5 minutes into the interview, they were already out of the running. I guess the interviewee looked really good on paper, but in person, it was a whole other story. So basically these phone pre screenings are to save people like that the time of coming to an interview, and the company the time and expense of interviewing someone like that. IMHO, If you got the call, you have the interview, unless you really act like an a$$ on the phone. It didn't sound like they picked a lot more people than they had in the past to pre-screen, thinking half of them wouldn't make it to Phase I. I think that they were just making sure that the folks they did pick to interview are not going to waste everybody's time by showing up.

Houman, glad to hear that they finally gave you a call! Is there still time to convert you or or have you already gone to Dallas? Remember Freak Biscuit.....you know you don't have to make anything up. I'll be waiting for the jb vs swa post.

It was not a prank, my friend who just started indoc mentioned my name to Dean Melonis (sp?) and he seemed to recognize it. My friend said that was a good sign I made the cut as Dean wouldn't have seen my name otherwise. It's coming up on nearly two weeks since the phone interview so I'm getting just a <little> bit antsy, but the info I got was that it might take 2 weeks and I should hear back either way it goes.

Another Pilot I know at JetBlue contacted a Pilot involved in the hiring process and was told you'd have to been pretty bad not to pass the phone interview. So I'm cautiously optimistic, but man will I feel bad if I get turned down after hearing that!

Both guys I know at JetBlue used Albie and can't say enough good things about that prep, so I hope I hear something soon so I have time to attend the session in person

AirBear

Hey Bear,

Hang in there, bud. Dean Melonas (that's the correct spelling) is a real professional, and understands the angst this process takes on the applicants, so expect to hear something as soon as a decision is made. I've got a feeling you should be hearing from him shortly.

And "dittos" regarding Albie's service. For those who get the call for a Phase 1 interview, I highly suggest his service, though you may wish to schedule him earlier rather than later. His book gets filled toward the interview date, and you'll want the time to prep and practice.

Red :D

Ok, I will be the first to ask. Anyone have any intel. on the current Phase II folks? Are they getting close to making "the" call?

The suspense could drive a man to drink.

holdon said:
does anyone know if the PHC meets only once a month?

I don't know for positive sure, but I am pretty sure they only meet on an as needed basis. We don't interview once a month anyway, it's more like every two months so their meetings should be aligned with the interviews. I do know this; they only meet when all of the pending applicants' background checks and all other paperwork is assembled for them. Remember, this (PHC) is not their full time jobs but more so an "additional" duty.

And also remember, Dean is not a member.

See ya and hang in there....it's worth it, I promise.

anyone know the stats (percentages) on guys/gals making it through phase 2? Just curious

From all the messages I've read the lowest % I heard was 75% making it past Phase 2. That was unusual, I think 90%+ is more the norm, but I could be wrong.

AirBear

Has anyone else who got a phone interview heard back from JetBlue yet? It's been about 16 days and nothing has come back from them. The 2 guys I know there said I should hear something either way.

BTW, I went back and checked my Caller ID for the night they called. Not much help because when I looked up the number on Google it was the Holiday Inn on the Bay in San Diego. That may explain why the call came at 2145 EST. It was probably one of the Pilot Volunteers doing the call while on a layover. So if you see a 619-232-XXXX on the ID it's probably "The Call", but then it could come from any other hotel also.

AirBear

Latest resources

Back