JetBlue Phase I's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Albie,

Congrats on the stats...but more importantly, congrats to all who made it on to phase 2.....the most nerve-racking few months ahead, that's for sure...but it'll be worth it......to all who get a JB interview, make sure this gets a 'bump' so they can see the importance of good interview prep before what could be the most important hour of their lives...

Again, congrats to all and best of luck in phase 2.......

JBLU: Phone Interviews for 3-10

Just a heads up, JetBlue is calling and doing a 45 minute telephone interview to pre-screen for the March 10th and May 12th Phase One Interviews.

I was called late at night and was told this was part of the selection process and was to determine if I'd be brought in for the full Phase One Interview. After verifying my info and explaining what the call was for he started asking the dreaded "Tell me about a time when" questions. Talk about a deer caught in the headlights! I had not updated my app in 8 months and at the time of the call had no one I know working at JetBlue. I thought my turbine PIC time was too low to be competitive (1500 hours). So I was caught totally off-guard. I have no idea how I did, I was so shocked I don't even remember most of the questions or how I answered them. I'm amazed I even managed to answer them, I don't think fast on my feet with that kind of stuff. 20/20 hindsight I should have had my wife listen in and take notes so if I do get the P1 interview I wouldn't answer the same question differently. But all I can do now is cross my fingers and hope, a friend of mine who just started class in MIA did some checking and said I should get an email in the next week letting me know if I made it or not.

AirBear

Whew! Thats crazy, I would have been caught off guard too! Good luck, just out of curiousity, what is your total. My Jet PIC is around 1500 too.

Well I've got about 10,400 total time but 1200 of that is 727 F/E which most airlines won't count. So really around 9000 hours flying large turbine aircraft. I never held Captain at a 121 Airline, all my turbine PIC was in the C-130 and that was 15 years ago. I'm finally upgrading to Captain on the CRJ, so I'll start logging some Part 121 PIC time soon. I've got 1300 hours on the A320, but no type.

I have a MBA degree and the militiary background, perhaps thats what got me as far as the phone interview. The 2 JetBlue Pilots I've had contact with seem to think I'll get the Phase One Interview. Hopefully I'll know something soon.

AirBear

Forgive me for asking such an ignorant question but is there any chance one of your friends pulled a fast one on you?

Nobody pulled a fast one on him. I was called in early December for the January 14th interview and was given the same cold call interview around dinner time. I seriously thought someone was messing with me. From what I've gathered by talking to fellow applicants at the interview, it seems that you get the phone interview if a blue dart was not thrown at you but I could be completely wrong. It seems that they are trying to see how you handle it rather that how great your answers are. I felt horrible after getting off the phone, thinking that was the last I would ever hear from JetBlue. Two days later I got the call to come interview and am currently in limbo awaiting phase II results.

Congrats and good luck

<00> (deer in the headlights look!)

This is the first I've heard about these preinterview screenings. Do you guys have any other intel? Who called you? What was asked? If this is true, I may have to spend less time here to keep my phone line open...(yup, still got dial up...)

A friend of mine pulled one of those pranks on me a few months ago... got me hook-line-and-sinker... yeah, funny now...!!

Albie, have any of your customers had the same experience? As a side note, one of my buds used you for their jetBlue prep--he came back with good ratings. You really gave him a confidence builder, which is what people need. (Unsolicited, unpaid advertisement)

Grem

Grem,

In the constant battle to stay ahead of the pack, JetBlue HR folks continually upgrade and improve their interview process.

In fact, they ARE now cold-calling folks and doing a pre-lim interview. In fact, a retired 0-5 recently called me and got some help when they called his home while he was out of town. He wanted to practice a bit before they called him back!

I don't know how high the standards are for what they expect when they cold-call, but all the basic rules of thumb you get from guys like me, Rob Beeks, or Craig still apply. My advice is if you expect a call, start thinking about the interview NOW, and do all that standard pre interview prep stuff (like logbook review, story review, gouge research) early. If you wait until they call you may just find yourself scrambling. The questions they ask are very similar to the questions you find in all the website trip reports. BTW...I hope to soon have a comprehensive list of questions from debriefings on my website very soon. In the meantime, there are links there to will fly for food and aviation interviews.com, both sites that have some great gouge.

Good luck and get ready...JetBlue is ringing folks up this week.

Yes,
This is not a joke. The jetBlue people are calling out of the blue and giving "phone interviews". I got my "POP QUIZ" just last week. Not much you can do to prepare (other than not chew gum because you might swallow it). So just review the SAR format for answering interview questions, and you should be fine. Oh, I would know a little bit about the company too. Good luck to all trying to get on with jetBlue.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back