• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Passenger Bill of Rights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Increased costs could be paid for by reducing employee costs. They have to decide whether they are an LCC or RJ operator (now trying to be both) and will have to do something.

Wall street not impressed and they've downgraded JetBlow.

Perhaps, they could sell a few more busses to pay for it ?

We cannot have another NM (Neeleman Mortification) syndrome incident again so soon. Wait for spring TRW's to throw them into BK.
Someone changing a letter in our name, that's original. Like many others, you obviously dislike us very much for some reason. Try posting something original and factual next time you decide to start typing.

For a full Bus on an hour delay thats $15,000 in vouchers. $15,000 more than your competition is on the hook for... Per airplane. JB just increased their cost of doing business relative to the industry, a gamble IMO. Additional strain operationaly remains to be seen as management undoubtedly will now have another dynamic for which to account.

The vouchers are for future flights.
Weather, ATC delays are exempt.
Read the small print.

Jet Blue has announced their new company policy as a "BILL OF RIGHTS".

This is a publicity ploy and lie to the American public intended to sway passengers into thinking some legislative order has passed which ensures satisfaction. This is a POLICY, not a BILL!

Let's face it, Jet Blue is the epitome of everything which takes the airline industry to its' lowest depths:

Not paying its' bills.
No substative business plan.
Reacting instead of proacting.
Hiring pilots temporarily "at will".
Lowest pay
Destroy the lines between 'Airline' and Commuter' pilot.
Requiring crews to double as profeesional aircraft cleaners.

The list goes on. Let the pax sue and let this failing business model dissolve.

The vouchers are for future flights.
Weather, ATC delays are exempt.
Read the small print.

I understand that... I read the small print... My point is that a like delay increases JB's costs relatively to that of a competitor sitting on the same pad, for the same reasons (eg. no gates available). Happens all the time.

Last edited:
Jet Blue has announced their new company policy as a "BILL OF RIGHTS".

This is a publicity ploy and lie to the American public intended to sway passengers into thinking some legislative order has passed which ensures satisfaction. This is a POLICY, not a BILL!

Let's face it, Jet Blue is the epitome of everything which takes the airline industry to its' lowest depths:

Not paying its' bills.
No substative business plan.
Reacting instead of proacting.
Hiring pilots temporarily "at will".
Lowest pay
Destroy the lines between 'Airline' and Commuter' pilot.
Requiring crews to double as profeesional aircraft cleaners.

The list goes on. Let the pax sue and let this failing business model dissolve.

All the JB myths put together in one convienent, ignorant post. Good job, welcome to the ignore list.

I understand that... I read the small print... My point is that a like delay costs JB more than a competitor sitting on the same pad, for the same reasons (eg. no gates available). Happens all the time.

a gate dalay has to be between 30-60 minutes to get the $25 voucher. I have only once been delayed more than 30 minutes to get to a gate and that was during a denver snowstorm that closed the airport for almost 3 days.

the $25 voucher is a 10% discont on a $250 roundtrip , wich is average for 2 weeks advance purchased . still making money on that one and making JB look good on the eyes of the passenger, wich means a returned customer for another $250 rountrip in 3-6 months.

this passenger voluntary PBR is a good idea since most delayes are caused by ATC and weather and that means the pax just get pizza. it will not cost JB much but is a good PR move.

besides, if it begins to cost more that they think it should, they can just change it in 2 months without making a big announcement and problem solved.

good cheap idea.

Last edited:
So would the last week of delays and cancelations be weather related or B6 related? Were does the magical to pay or not to pay line get drawn?

I'm more suprised that Neleman stated that not a single management head would roll. Well not really that suprised as that's fairly typical for managerial mistakes that are swept under the rug.

a gate dalay has to be between 30-60 minutes to get the $25 voucher. I have only once been delayed more than 30 minutes to get to a gate and that was during a denver snowstorm that closed the airport for almost 3 days.

Not my experience, waited plenty of times >30min for A/C on assigned gate with mx. issues.

the $25 voucher is a 10% discont on a $250 roundtrip , wich is average for 2 weeks advance purchased . still making money on that one and making JB look good on the eyes of the passenger, wich means a returned customer for another $250 rountrip in 3-6 months.

Still, in relative terms, a 10% increase in doing business for passenger retention.

this passenger voluntary PBR is a good idea since most delayes are caused by ATC and weather and that means the pax just get pizza. it will not cost JB much but is a good PR move.

Agreed, something had to be done in light of the horrible PR JB is receiving. I think this "fix" is a gamble, with its associated costs.

besides, if it begins to cost more that they think it should, they can just change it in 2 months without making a big announcement and problem solved.

No way would it go unnoticed that JB has rescinded their PBR. Like it or not, JB is committed.

good cheap idea.

An idea none the less

Good luck

Last edited:
I'm more suprised that Neleman stated that not a single management head would roll. Well not really that suprised as that's fairly typical for managerial mistakes that are swept under the rug.

Oh... this is sweeping things under the rug?

On four national morning news programs six days after the beginning of the debacle?

Oh.. you must be talking about NWA, USAirways and AA.
I don't recall seeing their CEOs on the national news shortly after their respective snafus.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back