• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue open house

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"JetBlue- We're Better than Mesa, Colgan, Chautauqua, and.... unemployment. Our pilots are de minimus!"

Maybe we can get some stickers made. I try to keep balanced in my views, but you're 100 percent right about the FSM and our "committees". Some of this crap is straight outta Dilbert.

Maybe "minimus" means bomb in Latin?

De Minimus = Da Bomb.

Dude, I actually try to stay balanced as well, but I gave up. I'm a career employee, you know, ... a pilot. Not a temp ... like management.

I'm gonna outlive (in the perjorative, notwithstanding Vinnie) our current team by decades.

I used to work at Jetblue on the ramp back in 03 but dont know any current jetblue pilots that can give a recomendation. Just wondering if working for the company previously pulls any weight to getting hired? I know its a long shot but if there are any jetblue pilots that can help me out or give some insight to getting an interview please PM me. Thank you.

I used to work at Jetblue on the ramp back in 03 but dont know any current jetblue pilots that can give a recomendation. Just wondering if working for the company previously pulls any weight to getting hired? I know its a long shot but if there are any jetblue pilots that can help me out or give some insight to getting an interview please PM me. Thank you.

You being a former employee should already have some pull. They hired you once so why not twice unless you were a d e u c h e.

Dude -- we had UA furloughees leave the last time around (only to turn around and be furloughed again). Don't be so complimentary of your fellow pilot. We work at JB after all ... with no CBA, no COLA, no legal protection, no say on work rules, crappy health care, crappy OJI/LTD, etc etc.

Wait -- maybe that's why they left? A chance at a piece of cheese?

While it's true that we have no CBA, COLA, lousy health insurance, etc. not a single JB pilot has been furloughed. You also forgot to say how much the new FSM sucks. Which is more than DL, AA, UA, US, Air Tran, UPS, FedEx and all the rest can say. Which is not to say that as a JB pilot you should keep your mouth shut and be happy you have a job. Everything you pointed out needs to improve. However JB is not a bad place to work. If you're trying to suggest that an out of work pilot should choose not to come to JB if offered a job is beyond comprehension. And no I'm not "juiced up", I want everything you want. But at the same time I have enjoyed my time at JB, far from perfect, but glad I made the choice to come here than all the other places that I turned down. Had I gone to any of the other that offered me a job I would have been furloughed, and depending on where I went, still out of a job. The airline industry as a whole sucks, IMO it sucks less here than a lot of other places.

So my message to a pilot interviewing at JB (or any airline for that matter), take he job if offered, keep the apps up to date with everyone else, if offered a job somewhere else and you would rather be there...then leave.

BTW - If I misunderstood your point disregard.

Last edited:
While it's true that we have no CBA, COLA, lousy health insurance, etc. not a single JB pilot has been furloughed. You also forgot to say how much the new FSM sucks. Which is more than DL, AA, UA, US, Air Tran, UPS, FedEx and all the rest can say. Which is not to say that as a JB pilot you should keep your mouth shut and be happy you have a job. Everything you pointed out needs to improve. However JB is not a bad place to work. If you're trying to suggest that an out of work pilot should choose not to come to JB if offered a job is beyond comprehension. And no I'm not "juiced up", I want everything you want. But at the same time I have enjoyed my time at JB, far from perfect, but glad I made the choice to come here than all the other places that I turned down. Had I gone to any of the other that offered me a job I would have been furloughed, and depending on where I went, still out of a job. The airline industry as a whole sucks, IMO it sucks less here than a lot of other places.

So my message to a pilot interviewing at JB (or any airline for that matter), take he job if offered, keep the apps up to date with everyone else, if offered a job somewhere else and you would rather be there...then leave.

BTW - If I misunderstood your point disregard.

You did misunderstand, I agree with much of what you said. Pilots left JB to go back to United. Read that sentence out loud again. They must have found some reason to go work for Tilton again.

Just curious, does anyone know if any current American Eagle pilots or furloughed AA pilots have been called down to the open house or have been invited to interview?

Just curious, does anyone know if any current American Eagle pilots or furloughed AA pilots have been called down to the open house or have been invited to interview?

There was a guy at the open house I attended that was furloughed from AA.....twice.

Latest resources

Back