• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Open House MCO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
whats wrong with buying a type rating? Education my man. People buy a masters degree as a requirement for a job. whats the diff.

• When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable Crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
Lovely...

OK, no flame intended. I realize that you all clean in between flights. We all do that. Now, on the terminating flight of the night, do you guys have to hang around and clean the back of the plane or do you have a professional cleaning service come in and do it. We all seen how dirty a plane can be at the end of the night and that would require a lot of time to get it cleaned up. Just curious, no flame intended.

InstructorDude, knock it off. You know damm well that we dont stick around. For you to start with "No Flame Intended" means, FLAME AWAY. I think we had a discussion about your comments designed to stir the pot and flame away a while back, maybe you should go back and read the PM's again. I will not have that discussion with you again. I doubt that your question is serious but answer the last half of it, we have a cleaning crew that not only cleans the aircraft at night, but also between flights. If we have time to pick up some of the loose stuff (magazines, loose paper, headsets sitting on seats etc etc.) then many of us will IF WE HAVE TIME. We do not do any other cleaning outside of that. AFter every flight if in a base, a cleaning crew (ROMA contract) cleans the aircraft and if its the outstation then the contract crew will do it, if they cant then station ops will. Hopefully this answers the last part of your comment. As to the first part, please stop it!!!

the whole cleaning thing for the B6 guys is getting old already...its just common courtesy to help cross the belts and pick up trash on turns. You work all day for several days with these people, why not help them. Are you guys too proud to perform that type of manual labor???? Ill even throw a bag or 2 up on the jetway if the rampers are shortstaffed...and if I go in the back and someone pi$$es all over the seat, I might even wipe it myself as a courtesy to the next person who might find it. You might think that makes a person a company lapdog, I just think you are LAZY.

At Mesaba, it is common practice to help the FA with crossing seat belts, and picking up light trash on turns, or when terminating an aircraft.
The real "cleaning" is done at night by outstation agents.
There is no implied or stated instruction to do this, we just like to help the FA's out.
Since the Captain is now expected to install the nose pin at the hubs, the FO is often the one to help.
They do an awful lot for us (bringing drinks, putting up with bad jokes and dorky pilot stuff) so I enjoy helping sometimes, or bringing a treat to them.
I'm interested in Jetblue, and anywhere else I could go to get out of this
craphole nwa backwater before the fraudulent pay concessions kick in.

Is Jetblue a reasonable alternative?

OK, no flame intended. I realize that you all clean in between flights. We all do that. Now, on the terminating flight of the night, do you guys have to hang around and clean the back of the plane or do you have a professional cleaning service come in and do it. We all seen how dirty a plane can be at the end of the night and that would require a lot of time to get it cleaned up. Just curious, no flame intended.

No flame intended? Just comes out anyway, huh! SUPER!!!!!!!!

No flame intended? Just comes out anyway, huh! SUPER!!!!!!!!

Jet - I woudln't give instructorclown the time of day. He's a flamer, pure a simple. The brain - mouth (or in this case, keyboard) interconnect has been severed for some time. He's on a slow rolling train to ensuring he gets enough enemies on here to get black balled at every major carrier from Memphis to Hong Kong.

Best of luck at Jblue - congrats on the 190 rates coming up.

Latest resources

Back