• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Nov 2 & 3 Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I interviewed Tuesday September 20th at 2:30pm, got the phase 2 e-mail Friday September 23rd at 5pm eastern. From then it took 42 more days to get the call offering a November 30th class date.

From what I've been told, phase 2 goes something like this:

They do your background/security check, post your name for all JB folks to see, check none/some/all of your letters of rec (internal and external), and send that stack of info to the pilot hiring committee. Those folks review all the data and discuss. Although it's not a high number, some people do not get through phase 2. A JB friend told me the average is 2-3%.

Perhaps someone in the know could confirm/deny the above information.

Best of luck to those who interviewed. If you think this wait stinks, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Does anyone know the history..i.e are there more emails to be sent out in the coming days? I interviewed on 11/2...a boatload of people got emails today, but so far nothing here. Should I assume the worst at this point?

Disappointed

Sorry, no idea on the emails, but keep the faith.. They had alot of people and may still be sending out notifications...

Congradulations to all going to Stage II.

You are now all in competition with each other on who can get their background paperwork in to JB.

It is usually first in first out.

What to do now.
Call past employers HR Dept and get them to return you past employers background paperwork. Have you past employers send you what they sent JB. By law past employers have 30 days to return this paperwork. Thats 30 days of your incomplete file sitting inactive. Holiday season is approaching so add more time for delays. Hint: One airline recieved 50+ background checks in one day. I'd hate to have been on the bottom of that stack.

Did I mention the upcoming holiday season, current employers are usually slow in returning paperwork if they are short staffed. Yes that is crappy but it does happen.

The FAA check actually only takes two weeks so the hold-up is the past employers stuff.

Getting your paperwork in fast could mean a spur of the moment Dec class or the first class of the new year.
When VK calls you for a job offer, that is when you choose what plane you will be on. So again if you are called early, you get YOUR choice of plane instead of waiting two weeks for your choice and losing senority.

Fax's go out to past and current employers this week so do what you have to do.

Last edited:
Kane said:
Sounds like per the e-mail you can still get rejected from the pilot hiring commitee? Anyone have any info on that?

Yes, it does happen. The percentage of candidates not making it through Phase II seems to be pretty low. If I was a betting man, I'd take your odds of moving on, anyday. Congrats again.

If you get stir crazy waiting during the next month or so, use the time to tie up some loose ends. Finish doing the "Honey, To-do-list". There's not too much time off during training.

b6hopeful said:
Does anyone know the history..i.e are there more emails to be sent out in the coming days? I interviewed on 11/2...a boatload of people got emails today, but so far nothing here. Should I assume the worst at this point?

Disappointed

Same here! Nothing yet.

JetBlue seems to take all sorts of volunteers to run the interview day. I'd be surprised if "inflight" wasn't part of the newhire process.

The interview is two pilot volunteers trained and selected by Verna and Dean's staff in "targeted selection". In addition to the two pilots, a People Department representative, also trained and selected by recruitment joins the interview team for a total of 3 votes. The People Department rep (HR) might come from finance, corporate, compliance, drug and alcohol, standards, marketing, or any number of departments incorporated into "People". As far as I know, and I am an interviewer, inflight helps with the "meet and greet" process and may have a couple who are trained and part of the People Depart, but not many. Hope that helps answer the question regarding if inflight interviews.

Latest resources

Back