Jetblue / MSNBC media mental midgets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Documentary

You know that PMSnbc will be doing a documentary on the event. Can't wait to see the footage they use. Lester Holt will probably narrate and show how much of a freakin' hypocrite he and his network really is.

Left wingers all.

Tex.

rvsm410 said:
I for one believe that the TV's on JB, sould be able to block out the news channels...play movies or something to keep the passengers calm....I am sure we will see some new policies on JB with they have an on board emergency in the future....

Do they not turn the video off for TO and landing?

Never flown on JB, but if memory serves every other airline I've been on has turned the TV/Video off sometime in the descent for landing. Seems that you wouldn't want the pax distracted by the last few minutes of "Joey" when they might be better served by throwing on a seatbelt or stowing their laptops.

shamrock said:
Do they not turn the video off for TO and landing?

Actually they did turn off the TVs. Here is a link to a video that was shot by one of the passengers, and I have to admit, the Flight Attendants did a great job of calming everybody's nerves. Take a look for yourself. CLICK HERE.

Here's a bit of the early conversation between the Captain and MX discussing the problem and their options. Interesting.

Link

Excellent links

Hey guys, thanks for the links. I'm laughing at the first one (guitar) and in awe of the second one. The crew should be lauded, hell, I'd like to throw a barbecue in their honor.

Anybody have a link to the video that the idiots from NBC shot from inside the cabin during the brace procedure?

You find me that, and I'll barbecue a steer for ya.

Tex.

MSNBC Link to the video

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9430871/ is the link to the camcorder video shot by a passenger named in the video by MSNBC. Click on the "launch" button just to the top right side of the window.

Potential safety hazard? Overlooked by JBLU flight crew? Who knows. Who cares? If this had a different outcome maybe it would matter. Certainly is some incriminating evidence should the FAA have a desire to take issue with the fact that some passengers were disregarding orders from the flight crew.

Has the crew made the rounds to Letterman, Conan, and Oprah yet? Book been written, movie scripted? It is all a matter of time.

If this does happen, I hope that Captain's bank account gets real fat from the profits. He certainly deserves that!

KeroseneSnorter said:
Why do you think they used the longest piece of concrete around?

Only by 5'!

LAX 25L = 11,096' (10,095')
LAX 25R = 12,091' (10,090')

25L is 200' wide though. 25R is only 150' wide. That fact would have made me choose it over the right anyway.

rvsm410 said:
I for one believe that the TV's on JB, sould be able to block out the news channels...play movies or something to keep the passengers calm....I am sure we will see some new policies on JB with they have an on board emergency in the future....

Certainly they should emphasize that during on-board emergencies, rules that apply during normal landings also apply at that time. IE: all portable electronic devices off for landing...(even if you are a member of the media organization that is flying the newschopper just outside your window.)

Heck, the lug that shot it also put his face on a video bye bye to his girlfriend just in case. What a weiner. Just a nost gear there big fella. Don't cry. I know, it makes better TV. That's why you're doing it anyway.

Waiting for the documentary. (Soros funded perhaps???)

Tx.

Jetz said:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9430871/ is the link to the camcorder video shot by a passenger named in the video by MSNBC. Click on the "launch" button just to the top right side of the window.

Potential safety hazard? Overlooked by JBLU flight crew? Who knows. Who cares? If this had a different outcome maybe it would matter. Certainly is some incriminating evidence should the FAA have a desire to take issue with the fact that some passengers were disregarding orders from the flight crew.

Has the crew made the rounds to Letterman, Conan, and Oprah yet? Book been written, movie scripted? It is all a matter of time.

If this does happen, I hope that Captain's bank account gets real fat from the profits. He certainly deserves that!

Letterman, Conan, and others have indeed called the company and the crew to do shows, as you have stated. Company mgmt said the crew could participate in the activities if they wished, but couldnt discuss the specifics of the incident since it was an ongoing investigation. To the crews credit, they turned down ALL invitations, and elected to stay out of the spotlight. The captain specifically stated he was only doing his job, and any other airline pilot in the country would have done the same thing. Kudo's to the Capt and his crew for a job well done, and electing to not participate in the media circus.

Latest resources

Back