• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue March 8th/9th Interview Session

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Take the first class offered. In 3 or 4 years the seniority will be worth way more than the difference in pay over the first couple of years. Get onboard and then smile when you upgrade to Bus captain ahead of those who waited for the Bus FO spots to start. An extra year or so as a captain will be more than enough to make up the difference.

FJ

CalBuff said:
Hey guys, I just accepted the July 6th E190 class. Just couldn't wait any longer for the elusive airbus classes to start up. Hope I made the right choice. . . . . . will I be seeing anyone on the 6th?

CalBuff,

It was good to talk to you.

Congratulation on the little one and I'll see you online - jump seating.

Later...:beer:

CalBuff,

I think you and I were toward the end of the list. Either a bunch of people are waiting for the A320, got jobs elsewhere, or were happy with the class date they were assigned. It looks like you may have just moved up by 50 or so on the seniority list! Thanks for the info.

Scott

Last edited:
pilotgolfer said:
CalBuff,

I think you and I were toward the end of the list. Either a bunch of people are waiting for the A320, got jobs elsewhere, or were happy with the class date they were assigned. It looks like you may have just moved up by 50 or so on the seniority list! Thanks for the info.

Scott

Hmmm... Looks like it may not be a clear cut 'first in - first offer' pool. I was close to the last of the calls too, but the week before Calbuff I think, and have not herad anything (other than on these boards) since the happy VK call. Not sure what the order is or how it works, just very happy to have been invited into the pool.

Congrats Calbuff and all others. Please keep posting here with news as you get it. Anyone get a 'lyfeguard' call/e-mail yet?

I would be very interested in any of the jetBlue people out there listening in could offer any insight as to the QOL of the Bus vs the 190.

Thanx again!

PDXcheez

Within each class, seniority is determined by age - oldest being most senior. If I had to guess, I would say that older/senior folks are getting the first offers for class dates even if they weren't the first ones called with a job offer.

Can't tell you much about QOL Bus vs. 190 as I'm only on my second day of Reserve (which is why I'm reading these boards again). So far, I like what I see. Good luck to all.

Last edited:
I keep hearing that guys are being told to expect class in October or November. Does anyone know if they will run a December class or do they take that month off because of the holidays?? What happned to a September class? It sounds like everyone is being told October or November and nothing is being said of September.

First post! flight info newbie...

Thanks for the input Fins!

((I, too, am a recent addition to the pool (March interviewer) and I'm lovin' life treadin' water!! (BTW - I just joined flightinfo...)))

Anyway - to chip in my 2 cents from the cheap seats - I really appreciate all the postings of advice regarding the pool - however I disagree with the suggestion that they are pulling people for class dates based on their age (vs. their "good news" call date). If this pool lasts for quite some time and more and more people keep getting added to it, then are the youngest members of the pool just going to keep getting pushed to the back of the line while the oldest guys zoom straight into class, regardless of when they interviewed or when they got V.K.'s call ?

NOT trying to flame Fins or anybody, just a different perspective! Thanks! :)

They may be pulling people by age according to your respective interview dates. Verna assured me that even if I was the last one pulled from the Mar 8/9th interview group...I would still go ahead of someone who interviewed in April or May. Assuming I was in class with people in the April group, seniority would still be by age in your class.

Clear as mud?

I was told to expect an Oct or Nov class. Maybe if there was a last minute opening, they offered the position to someone who was unemployed and could accept on a last minute notice. Don't know, just makes logical sense. Regardless, I highly doubt they would pull from the pool in a manner contrary to what was told to us. They have too much class and character to do that. My resignation letter is ready, just waiting for the word! Two weeks from today, I can be ready for class on July 10, in the meantime going to enjoy lots of summer activities with the family! Good luck to everyone still waiting. :)

Latest resources

Back