• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue March 8th/9th Interview Session

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know that some may want to wait for the Bus instead of the 190 but as we all know, sen. means everything in this business, even at jetBlue. Good luck for those waiting.:)

OK, I stand corrected....my buddy called back yesterday and there are approximately one HUNDRED fifty swimmers in the pool as of now.

Yes there are RUMORS of a payraise for the EMB f/os, but that's all they are.

Ahhhhh, seniority. The ever-present, ever-elusive determinant of aviation life. What's one number worth? If you're the last guy to escape furlough then it's worth your weight in gold. If the cutoff to upgrade happens 3 numbers ahead of you then those numbers will become a thorn in your side if you let them. I have no crystal ball. I have absolutely no clarevoyant insight into career progression. I'm not a gypsy nor do I play one on TV. But I do have a mortgage. The difference of 2 months of seniority numbers (20 numbers as my best guess) does not come close to making up the difference in pay scales (approximately 40% more in the 'bus) for me for right now. I may be making a nice meal out of these words in 2 years, but that's my story and it's sticking to me.

FlyingSkirt....whatever your choice, I'll still accept that brewski on the veranda.

Vastly Underemp said:
OK, I stand corrected....my buddy called back yesterday and there are approximately one HUNDRED fifty swimmers in the pool as of now.

Yes there are RUMORS of a payraise for the EMB f/os, but that's all they are.

Ahhhhh, seniority. The ever-present, ever-elusive determinant of aviation life. What's one number worth? If you're the last guy to escape furlough then it's worth your weight in gold. If the cutoff to upgrade happens 3 numbers ahead of you then those numbers will become a thorn in your side if you let them. I have no crystal ball. I have absolutely no clarevoyant insight into career progression. I'm not a gypsy nor do I play one on TV. But I do have a mortgage. The difference of 2 months of seniority numbers (20 numbers as my best guess) does not come close to making up the difference in pay scales (approximately 40% more in the 'bus) for me for right now. I may be making a nice meal out of these words in 2 years, but that's my story and it's sticking to me.

FlyingSkirt....whatever your choice, I'll still accept that brewski on the veranda.

I can appreciate where you're coming from. Everyone's situation is different. We all have to do what we think is right, with the information that we currently have. Will the decision be the right one?

Do any of you guys/gals have the email package that compares the A320 vs. E190. Upgrade times, pay, etc. that the company sends to you prior to deciding which plane? I know Verna told me they were going to hold off sending those out because things could change. I thought maybe someone in the July class may have it and could forward a copy to me.

Thanks,
Scott

Vastly Underemp said:

Well said.... I feel the same way. No one ever really knows what's going to happen in the future so I'm making what I think is the best decision for me. I may not be the smartest and some may say I'm not making the smartest decision, but for me... this is what works and I am happy with my choice. :)

See you on the veranda....

pilotgolfer, flyingskirt, sayagain

All good posts; the payscale differences projected out over the 24-48 months to the first upgrade are only part of the story for me.

Flying with great people in an expanding company are the baseline positives.

Airlinepilotforums.com seems to have the pay scale ino and some easy calculators on it. Can someone verify the numbers for us?

Seniority number advantages, seatlocks and aircraftlocks, schedule productivity, and typical monthly credit for each airplane while on reserve (or a junior line) are all topics I don't have enough information about. How does the over 70 hours pay work?

What fences are up for bidding into the EMB190 or the 320? Any minimum a/c experience (i.e. do you have to fly the type as f/o) before bidding into the left seat? What are the latest expectations for aircraft deliveries by type for next year (I've not seen a breakout)?

Good luck to all: the eyes on the prize.

projectguy (ST)

Last but not least , the domestic fare increses by the legacies ($50 per ticket last week) are an interesting new development - how will jB respond?

As far as I know, the original two year fence for those who weren't on the initial 190 bid comes down in Oct-Nov 2007 based on the first revenue flight in early November. In addition, everyone has their own two year aircraft lock based on when you get on the property. Airbus FO's going to class now can bid 190 CA after two years because both fences will be down. 190 FO's can upgrade as soon as they have the seniority to bid it.

Hey guys, I just accepted the July 6th E190 class. Just couldn't wait any longer for the elusive airbus classes to start up. Hope I made the right choice. . . . . . will I be seeing anyone on the 6th?

Latest resources

Back