Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G100 SWA does, Air Tran does, so everyone has to match them

GVFlyer said:
With a P/E of 93.10 and an Earnings Per Share of 0.14, I don't think I'd be buying this one. However, I think you could still make money shorting the stock. I started shorting it at at $29.00 and have done well.

GV
Anything with a P/E of 93.10 would cause me to run and not look back. The E-190's aren't working out quite as well as expected and Wal-Mart wages for the E-190 pilots isn't going to help matters much with oil headed north of $70/ barrel. Shorting the stock might not be too bad an idea. A few more quarters and the investors may be dumping their shares big time. Could go down to 5 bucks before (if) it recovers.

o.k. how about Madrid, Spain??

That what the legacy airlines are for!! Last time I check JB doesn't go there either. :D

Fins Up = A$$. :eek:

Last edited:
FlyBoeingJets said:
I would buy shares a little later. I'm thinking in the summer or beyond. More articles critical of their losses will come out at the Motley fool and other business oriented periodicals. I think you're right. I'll hold off, particulary given the poor forward look by Neeleman. But I think early to middle spring is the best bet. If you wait till the 2nd/3rd Q results, that will probably give the stock a boost.

I think the new "competitive" environment has not be properly researched. The pressure provided by the new USAir and UAL are going to push shares even lower. Not to mention oil prices. Virgin USA articles will also cause uncertainty. I think these will affect all the LCCs this year as these two look to mark their territory.

The positives like SWA raising prices and legacy fleet reductions may help, but it won't help EMB-190 fleet revenue. The RJ flying airlines will be in a full tilt fare war against it. Could be. DL is trying just that against AAI on selected thin routes. It certainly will not cost them much to try and find out. It will make sense until the fleet size on the 190s just overwelms the RJs. The BELF and cabin amenities on the 190 will eventually win out, but it will be a costly battle for those involved.

Overall, I'm looking for lackluster stock performance until later in '06. Me too.

Frontier is also feeling the pinch right now.
No one will be on sure footing until we get more consolidation of capacity with mergers or fuel prices go down. I still look for fuel to back off to the middle 50's by spring. My original forecast is out the window with the problems that Iran/Nigeria are presenting.

Last edited:
Frank Lorenzo said:
What's this? JBLU in trouble?

Me thinks me gonna buy me an airline!

Youv'e got custom made employees that will fit your needs and wishes. The type of folks you really like.

32LT10 said:
Youv'e got custom made employees that will fit your needs and wishes. The type of folks you really like.

I know! That's why me likey me likey!!

"We've got profit sharing." Ha ha! I can't believe they fell for that one! That's the oldest one in the book! Maybe I can "share" the LOSSES and deduct those from their pay checks.

I can't wait till I take over! They'll be bragging to their other pilot buddies about the beachfront property I'm promising them in Florida!

Suckers.

I'll have to buy another LCC or two and watch them fight over seniority. It will be whipsaw central. I can't wait to sit back and watch my little puppets dance while I pack my golden parachute!

With the mess you all are making, I think stocking up on Kleenex is in order and don't let your wifey catch you!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back