• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Looking To Buy VA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Talk to the WRC and see how popular LAX co-dom is with the JFK mafia on the committee.

Not going to happen.

Screw the morons on the committee, ask the west coasters what they think. Almost all of them would give their left testicle for more flying (quantity and variety) and flights out of an airport that you can commute to. There is no future in LGB and the airports are too close to justify separate bases. But you are right, those JFKers on the committee will probably ruin it for everyone. =(

Screw the morons on the committee, ask the west coasters what they think. Almost all of them would give their left testicle for more flying (quantity and variety) and flights out of an airport that you can commute to. There is no future in LGB and the airports are too close to justify separate bases. But you are right, those JFKers on the committee will probably ruin it for everyone. =(

Will CONTINUE to ruin it....

Maybe for asset sale or assumption of 319's. Doubt any kind of merger would be in play.

Who told you that rumor?

Why would we want something in between what we already have? 130 people coast to coast w/no tech stop? If anything I would think that the logical
(I know...) thing to do would be to buy up something bigger. We steal a 190 from embrear every delivery it's here to stay. A319 doesn't make much sense.

Why would we want something in between what we already have? 130 people coast to coast w/no tech stop?

You could probably fill 130 seats, carry less weight, burn less fuel, and have the load factors consistently closer to 100% on transcons. There's potentially a big market gap and economic gap between 100 and 150 seats, and that could possibly drive a decision to operate something like the 319.

Haven't heard anything about us buying VA, but operating a 319, regardless of where it comes from, seems at least worthy of consideration.

I like the A319 idea. Since we started getting away from transcons due to fuel price concerns I think there's room to exploit a market niche there. As long as we're paid A320 rates to operate it I have no problems with it. There is no way I'm going to subsidize a higher CASM by giving up pay, though.

319s are a possibility...yes

319s to replace the 190...Never gonna happen.

319s paid at 320 rates...a MUST.

And IF we ever do aquire 319s. I doubt it would be very many. We'd only need a handful to just jump back and forth between coasts and maybe some other long haul thin routes.

319 is not going to be paid at 320 rates. You make think so but the future 320 "raises" will be adjusted for this. Lower over all pay based on percentage of 319's to enter fleet. So yes all one pay but lower.

319's will not be used for transcons. Deep Latin America is where they are going to be used.

That would depend in large part on how the peer set is interpreted. Even then, I don't know too many pilots who would buy off on watering down everyone's pay to bring in A319's. What's the motivation for getting anyone to sign off on that? All you'd have to do to avoid getting a "deep south" A319 trip is refuse to sign the contract. What a scheduling nightmare that would be. A significant boycott by MCO A320 captains alone would sink that idea. If half, all mega senior, refuse to sign then the A319 trips can't be covered and the planes don't fly until you train up enough non-boycotters from other bases in LA procedures. Talk about sending a message.

That would depend in large part on how the peer set is interpreted. Even then, I don't know too many pilots who would buy off on watering down everyone's pay to bring in A319's. What's the motivation for getting anyone to sign off on that? All you'd have to do to avoid getting a "deep south" A319 trip is refuse to sign the contract. What a scheduling nightmare that would be. A significant boycott by MCO A320 captains alone would sink that idea. If half, all mega senior, refuse to sign then the A319 trips can't be covered and the planes don't fly until you train up enough non-boycotters from other bases in LA procedures. Talk about sending a message.

Who are you kidding? All they have to do is say sign the contract or we will let you go. You'll sign.

Latest resources

Back