• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Looking To Buy VA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VA is a dog w/ fleas; their average margin is negative 50%+ despite their high load factor. Out of SFO they are getting killed in every one of their routes. JB has no interest in flying VA's current routes or wanting their planes. It's always been JB's plan to let SW run VA out of town. Even with its two additional large cash infusions, VA's burn rate is unsustainable with its current cash on hand and negative margin. Unless they secure new investors and window dress the citizen issue, their future looks really bad.

JetBlue still hasn't answered the question on why it needs to almost double the stock float, and what the heck is it going to do with the GIANT wad of cash that would generate.

Make no mistake folks... I think we are getting ready to go shopping.

VA has 319 that would be great for our transcon markets, they've got gate space we could use, and they have an internet solution ready to rock and roll.

Whether we go shopping before or after.... thats the $10 mil question.

We expect to meet our obligations as they become due through available cash, investment securities and internally generated funds, supplemented as necessary by debt and/or equity financings.

We have noncancelable contractual obligations amounting to 1.2, 1.2 and 1.6 billion in 2010, 2011 and 2012 respectfully.

I don't think we are buying anyone.

B6 wont be buying anybody.

Our mgmt will do what theyve been saying theyd do for the last couple years--be competitive, be opportunistic, and buy key assets when the competitive landscape changes. Ala when Indy went chap 7, we bought much of their equipment not to mentioned hired a ton of their employees.

I do think B6 will open a LAX base to be co-based with LGB and BUR. Both airplane types. We'll also expand a bit in LAX.

B6 wont be buying anybody.

Our mgmt will do what theyve been saying theyd do for the last couple years--be competitive, be opportunistic, and buy key assets when the competitive landscape changes. Ala when Indy went chap 7, we bought much of their equipment not to mentioned hired a ton of their employees.

I do think B6 will open a LAX base to be co-based with LGB and BUR. Both airplane types. We'll also expand a bit in LAX.

Talk to the WRC and see how popular LAX co-dom is with the JFK mafia on the committee.

Not going to happen.

Talk to the WRC and see how popular LAX co-dom is with the JFK mafia on the committee.

Not going to happen.

Our pairings are horrible right now, prob wouldnt help. hey, what's the thoughts on any co-dom w/lax, bur,lgb for any lgb pilots?

Latest resources

Back