Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sidestick

side stick-n said:
hummmmmmm... JetBlue Shuttle. Got a little ring to it. I think I like it...... YEP, I like it a lot.....
Sorry, but I just don't see that happening. If it is sold, it will be a bidding war between NWA, Continental, and Branson. B6 will not get in a bidding war. Neeleman is too smart for that.

I've read quite a bit of supposition that Branson is looking to use IAD as his home-base. The shuttle at DCA would be right in the backyard for him.

Lowecur,

Where do you get this info? Mad magazine? I haven't seen anything about IAD---only heard stuff anout Schwarzenegger courting Branson for a SFO hub base. I think the other consideration was BOS. Give your sources or copy it onto this thread. Why would they go to IAD if Indy will be there?

Dizel8,

I bet there are a lot of headaches at the G.O. right now. Sure, this LGA thing could hurt if they get the slots...How did they just ask for 10 slots? I thought we wanted more too? Hmmmm. And, I think the USAir Shuttle would be very expensive, but you are correct---you can't make huge profits as before, although a better economy does cause more businessmen to fly on it. We do pretty well on our older 737-300G's.

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
General Lee wrote:
Is Hillary in bed with Dave?

That's too funny, General!:) Somehow I just can't picture it.

Being the commuting hound I am, I have seen LGA turn nasty in a simple heartbeat (fall of a snowflake, maybe). We'll have a challenge working out of there for sure, but it'll be...

...interesting!

hen

General Lee said:
Lowecur,

Where do you get this info? Mad magazine? I haven't seen anything about IAD---only heard stuff anout Schwarzenegger courting Branson for a SFO hub base. I think the other consideration was BOS. Give your sources or copy it onto this thread. Why would they go to IAD if Indy will be there?
Here's mud in your eye! That foot must be getting awful tired having spent so much time in your mouth. Try doing some research before speculation.

Reuters
Schwarzenegger sells Branson on Calif. airline base
Saturday January 17, 2:46 pm ET

SAN FRANCISCO, Jan 17 (Reuters) - Living up to his promise to be California's most visible salesman, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is lobbying Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd. (VA.UL) founder Richard Branson to base his fledgling U.S. carrier near San Francisco, an aide to the actor said on Saturday.

"He's working on bringing it to California," a Schwarzenegger aide, who asked not to be named, told Reuters. "The governor is always working on bringing jobs to California and this is one way of doing it."

The lobbying comes amid stiff competition with Boston and Dulles International Airport near Washington, D.C. for Branson's new Virgin USA.:D :D

Last edited:
USAir owns the slots for to and ldg, but to my knowledge, Continental owns the terminal from which USAir flies from and I dont think Bethune or Kellner now is going to let just anyone rent these gates. Whoever gets the slots(DAL or AA) maybe using whatever gates they already have. Also I believe CAL has first right to the gates, USAir cannot sell these to anyone.

Lowecur,

Thanks for actually putting up an article with facts on it. See, you can get me to shut up if you just put the proof in front of my eyes. Good for you. Now, I still think Branson will go for SFO or BOS first before IAD because of Indy's future presence at IAD. We shall see.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool:

UAL and American all have NYC bases (IE EWR, JFK and LGA) why is it a big deal for JetBlue to do the same? I believe they all have a 4 hour call out though, you kind of need that if your going serve all three bases as a NYC pilot.

General- EWR is WAY better than LGA. EWR runs like a liberally oiled machine compaired to LGA. OOps someones in the ally, get back in the takeoff line maybe they'll be gone next time round the loop.......Oops someones in the ally, get in the takeoff line maybe theyll be gone next time rount the loop, Oops.........

You blue aid drinkers are counting your chickens before they hatch.........wanting gates and getting them are two different things.

ex280driver,

CAL sold the terminal to USAir around 1993, when it decided to beef up EWR instead of expand into LGA. USAir owns the slots too.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back