• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue: Lateral Move For Regional Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Sniping at JB though is just a personal thing. CAL first year pay is half what JB is. While the CAL pay quickly catches up it, complaining that JB is lowering the bar is the pot calling the kettle black."

Yes this guy(original post author) is an idiot, but your math is a little fuzzy. Your starting pay $47, CAL's $31. Don't forget while u r throwing out first year pays. UPS $33, NWA $30, UAL $32, US Air $25.

Don't forget to add DAL at $49. Lots of JetBlue guys in class at Delta lately. No paycut if you are on first year JetBlue pay and year two Delta pay will be better than year three JetBlue pay. I worked at Jetblue for awhile and it was a great place. I had a tough time making the decision to leave, but ended up doing it so I wouldn't have to commute. If you have the chance to go to JetBlue and you don't have FedEx, UPS, SWA, or DAL knocking on your door....go it's a great place.

I see it takes posting the first year pay of bankrupt airlines to make JBLU look palatable.

Anyone want to compare the pay, benefits, and retirement of solvent airlines like SWA, AA, UPS etc. to JBLU? How about advancement opportunities?

Advancement opportunities at AA?

Are you serious?

Ummm... HOW long to make CA? SWA is creeping into the 10 year range for new-hires coming in today as well.

Not saying that jetBlue is the end-all be-all. I turned down the interview invite. Twice. Once from a Blue Dart, once from just an out-of-the-blue call from an app I hadn't updated in over a year, but I still think they're a great company.

Personally, if I have the choice when non-revving, if JB is just as easy to get from Point A to Point B, I'll take JB. TV for the kids is the BEST thing since sliced bread in air travel.

Have to agree, however, that comparing salaries to bankrupt legacies is a bit twisted. Our MEC has been doing that on this P.O.S. T.A. that came out... Did nothing but p*ss everyone off.

I see it takes posting the first year pay of bankrupt airlines to make JBLU look palatable.

Anyone want to compare the pay, benefits, and retirement of solvent airlines like SWA, AA, UPS etc. to JBLU? How about advancement opportunities?

Retirement at SWA????? Where?????
(401k doesn't count)

Retirement maybe not, but a great profit sharing program and great wages. I think with the money you can make at SWA plus the profit sharing, you should be able to create your own retirement. If not a defined pension probally won't help either.

Retirement maybe not, but a great profit sharing program and great wages. I think with the money you can make at SWA plus the profit sharing, you should be able to create your own retirement. If not a defined pension probally won't help either.

It obviously didn't help all the age 60+ guys. THey use to make much more then SWA and they couldn't save a dime. Now they want to stay on because of their poor planning and screw the rest of us.

"Sniping at JB though is just a personal thing. CAL first year pay is half what JB is. While the CAL pay quickly catches up it, complaining that JB is lowering the bar is the pot calling the kettle black."

Yes this guy(original post author) is an idiot, but your math is a little fuzzy. Your starting pay $47, CAL's $31. Don't forget while u r throwing out first year pays. UPS $33, NWA $30, UAL $32, US Air $25.

You forgot US Air is two seperate pilot groups. First year west is $39/hr. and yes we will be hiring off the street shortly.

Latest resources

Back