Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Embraer disagrees, hence the name, ERJ-190.

No, not even close to a full-size bin. If more than half the passengers bring a rollaboard, they aren't going to fit, because they have to go sideways.

It's a nice enough airplane, and I concur about the middle seats, but don't pretend it's something it isn't.
Embraer can call it whatever purchasing airlines want to aid exec's in squeezing dimes out of employees. Its a 100 seat jet and I have not ever had the bag situation you describe. Regulation bags fit easily straight in. If we help with the myth that it's an "RJ" then we help keep the wages low until a 150 seat version is born and called an "RJ". Then what? Lets stop it now.

So I'm in the Southwest/JB terminal in MCO on Friday when this Jetblue F/O and his Commuter pilot girlfriend walk by and he has a SKATEBOARD under his arm.

Not so comedic yet?? Well, The lady next to me says "Is that a skateboard under his arm??"

Her husband (Picture a Grizzled old KO-REA vet!) responds..."Yeah, I'll be damned if I'm getting on Doogie Howser and Barbies Plane!!!"

Effing Hilarious.....everybody around him saw it and laughed.....I thought the guitar luggers were goofy, but this kid's gonna "Shred the Halfpipe DUDE" on his layover....

What have we become??

LOL! I have seen that guy too in MCO!

was he wearing his "hoodie" ?

I bring my tuba to practice on overnights-- I'm so glad I'm in the Bus, 'cause there would be a problem storing it in the flight deck on the 190...

Now right seat wages....that is another matter
we are working on it at Jetblue as we type.

How are "we" working on it? The low wages should have been crystal clear to everyone after the PCG 1 & 2 reports came out. I don't know how much more clear it could have been presented to management and the pilot group after the PCRB report one year ago. And so, here we are (sans union) STILL getting paid below the average compensation that management promised.

When I got to JB, management told us that we'd be getting Southwest rates -2%. Then they told us "industry average". Now they say they want to pay us a "fair and sustainable" wage. What will their line be next year? We're going to pay you as little as possible because so many of you are stuck here?

I cannot fathom why 67% of this pilot group chose to not bargain in good faith for your career. Barger, Chew and other top management bargain for theirs. Heck, Chew even gets $12,000/month for just his housing allowance (plus guaranteed "bonuses", just like the AIG execs).

It is almost humourous that management refused to include the payrates for Hawaiian Airlines when comparing our pilot pay. They said that, "We feel that HA's payrates were higher due to the cost of living in Hawaii". Are you kidding me? Have you noticed the cost of living in NY or BOS? That same management used Hawaiian's executive pay as a comparison to get their own pay raises recently. Pretty hypocritical, eh?

So, when you say "we are working on it", I surely hope that you mean we are working on another union drive, because that is the only way that we can obtain anything close to fair. The committees are just a sham to delay the inevitable pilot union.

GP
Proud member of the JB 49er club.

I agree, it us very unprofessional to have a skateboard, guitar and/or backpack.

Come on guys/gals, how much stuff do you possibly need to carry on a trip. Is it really that important to look like a dork.

Unprofessional to carry a guitar? Please explain that.

It is unprofessional while in uniform. If you need an explanation, you don't get it.

There is an old saying that goes: "People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it".

Ya, what the hell are you guys thinking. Let's get back to the REAL important things. So was she HOT?????

She was almost as hot as that one in your avatar....

-Mmmm, chili cheese fries, lots and lots of chili cheese fries...

I think "unprofessional" may just be code for "gay." You are only allowed to carry a guitar on your overnight if your flute is broken.....

"this one time, at band camp....."

P.S.-What do you think Chuck Norris would do if his F.O. showed up with a freaking musical instrument for an overnight????

-Man card revocation required.

Last edited:
How are "we" working on it? The low wages should have been crystal clear to everyone after the PCG 1 & 2 reports came out. I don't know how much more clear it could have been presented to management and the pilot group after the PCRB report one year ago. And so, here we are (sans union) STILL getting paid below the average compensation that management promised.

When I got to JB, management told us that we'd be getting Southwest rates -2%. Then they told us "industry average". Now they say they want to pay us a "fair and sustainable" wage. What will their line be next year? We're going to pay you as little as possible because so many of you are stuck here?

I cannot fathom why 67% of this pilot group chose to not bargain in good faith for your career. Barger, Chew and other top management bargain for theirs. Heck, Chew even gets $12,000/month for just his housing allowance (plus guaranteed "bonuses", just like the AIG execs).

It is almost humourous that management refused to include the payrates for Hawaiian Airlines when comparing our pilot pay. They said that, "We feel that HA's payrates were higher due to the cost of living in Hawaii". Are you kidding me? Have you noticed the cost of living in NY or BOS? That same management used Hawaiian's executive pay as a comparison to get their own pay raises recently. Pretty hypocritical, eh?

So, when you say "we are working on it", I surely hope that you mean we are working on another union drive, because that is the only way that we can obtain anything close to fair. The committees are just a sham to delay the inevitable pilot union.

GP
Proud member of the JB 49er club.

I think we have the skateboarder finally responding!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back