JetBlue Jan 11/12 interview news?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
usav8r said:
2) Phase 2 purgatory is now 10 to 12 weeks, so more patience will be necessary. There are approximately 90 candidates from November wating to finish the process (very soon).

Once again, best wishes to all candidates!

This has probably been answered somewhere, but why on earth does it take so long for them to get through the background check/phase ii? Is it any different or more thorough than what other airlines do? Is it more than a background check? I have heard there is a final review (yay or nay) to be done at the end of it before one gets the call...?

Just curious... good luck to all who interviewed. I have a lot of friends that are waiting in limbo over there!

skirt said:
This type of information is available to anyone who goes to an Air Inc. conference, and interested candidates shouldn't have to shell out money to Kit Darby to hear it.

Skirt

Ugh...I was hungry, you just ruined my appetite.

Background Checks

Patriot, the length of time for background checks is usually determined by your previous employers' delay in responding to the request for employment records.

Those straight out of the military and from few previous jobs will get through phase II quicker.

Do yourself a favor and contact the HR department of your previous employers and ask that they get your verification information out as quickly as possible. I'm not sure it will help a lot, but at least you will feel like you might have quickened the process a bit.

Sitting and waiting is torture for sure. I like the suggestion of tackling the 'honey-do' list.

Good luck everyone, it's a great place to work.

B6Guy

skirt said:
Its healthy for pilots to know they aren't completing against each other in the interview sessions. This type of information is available to anyone who goes to an Air Inc. conference, and interested candidates shouldn't have to shell out money to Kit Darby to hear it.

Skirt

I wasn't aware Kit had Jetblue's hiring %. Or that people would pay to hear what it is.

All you guys are a bunch of toolbags !!! you're all like little school kids grow up and wait !!!! IDIOTS !!!!

Quote By Skirt:
There is no predetermined number of pilots needed from any interview session. No quotas, no minimum number, no maximum number. Candidates are not competing against each other. If all pilots make the cut, then 100% are passed on to phase 2. If none of them do, then 0% would be passed through. When the individual interview teams turn in their results, the total is tallied. Sometimes an interview team passes all of them on, sometimes less, it just depends on the candidates themselves. The reality is that on any given interview session usually 60%-80% make it to phase 2, at least these are the numbers I have heard over time. It just works out that way, time after time. I don't know what the latest session's tally was, but I would guess it is in this range.

Hey Skirt,
Thanks for the great info. Lets hope this round is closer to 100%!
SRT

QUOTE BY EGLPILOT:
All you guys are a bunch of toolbags !!! you're all like little school kids grow up and wait !!!! IDIOTS !!!!

Hey EGLPILOT,
Are your nerves a little frayed from waiting for word on the interview? Its OK, I understand. Just take a deep breath and let it out slowly. I think you should probably seek out an anger management program because if the posts on this thread get you so upset, there may be something locked deep inside you that is trying to break free. Good Luck.
SRT

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back