• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue...hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Simple. $$$$$... we are by far the highest-profile operator of the POS, especially with Airways pairing their fleet. Embraer is likely giving them away to us at this point, and throwing in a few virgins to boot. Really was hoping to see a seat in Fifi sooner rather than later, sigh.

I've been on the E190 for the past 2 years and whilst I've had some MX issues it really has been no different from my previous 2 1/2 on the A320.

Which begs the question. Why are we taking 4 more 190s when they are so unreliable they can't go further west then Austin??????

I think it has more to do with MX and crew support on the west coast. If something breaks or a crewmember has an issue we don't have any way to fix the problem when all the 190 assets are back on the east coast. Until we change that it makes sense not to send the a/c out there.

Last edited:
I've been on the E190 for the past 2 years and whilst I've had some MX issues it really has been no different from my previous 2 1/2 on the A320.

One obvious problem flying the E190: it makes you talk like a British dude...

pip pip

We are taking those 4 190's because we cannot defer them any longer. I won't count out the "Airbus victory dance" yet.............

We are taking those 4 190's because we cannot defer them any longer. I won't count out the "Airbus victory dance" yet.............

The airplanes were already deferred, that had nothing to do with it. If you look at the last couple quarterly reports, no A/C were to be taken next year and I believe we would start up again in 2011 with 8 Arbii and 4 Jungle Jets. If the rumored 4 A/C are true, then they are something we chose to take, not forced.

WateryGrave, very true. I have a problem with getting "good poop" from "people" and running with it.

Latest resources

Back