jetBlue...hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DX Rick

I spoke to a few jB pilots a while back and they said they were supposed to start hiring in November.
I can't get on APC.com to find out if they are or not, so I was wondering if any jetBlue guys would like to chime in.
TIA

Rumor Only.

Apparently we have or are renegotiate our contracts with Airbus and Embrear for better deals or "resetting the contracts" so we get year one prices and start the step in prices again as if it were 2000 for Airbuses and 2005 for the E190. If we are successful we will have to take deliveries and the word around the campfire is 10 plus aircraft next year which will be announced sometime in Q2 of 2010 (we are changing from one ccs, open skies, to saber which puts plans on hold until that is done). Also they are planning the need for about 75 E190 FO and 100 to 125 A320 FO dues to rest changes being proposed by the house. So if all this happens about 300 pilots more then likely 170 or so for rest requirements and then 120 or so late 2010. If nothing changes (a/c deliveries or rest rules) then 150-200 2011, 250-300 2012 until about 2016. Hopefully that helps and as I said the numbers and a/c orders are based on IF they get the terms.

Oh and I write on a 3rd grade level and so if not something for work then I do not care enough to proof read it so have fun checking it for me.

Rumor Only.

Apparently we have or are renegotiate our contracts with Airbus and Embrear for better deals or "resetting the contracts" so we get year one prices and start the step in prices again as if it were 2000 for Airbuses and 2005 for the E190. If we are successful we will have to take deliveries and the word around the campfire is 10 plus aircraft next year which will be announced sometime in Q2 of 2010 (we are changing from one ccs, open skies, to saber which puts plans on hold until that is done). Also they are planning the need for about 75 E190 FO and 100 to 125 A320 FO dues to rest changes being proposed by the house. So if all this happens about 300 pilots more then likely 170 or so for rest requirements and then 120 or so late 2010. If nothing changes (a/c deliveries or rest rules) then 150-200 2011, 250-300 2012 until about 2016. Hopefully that helps and as I said the numbers and a/c orders are based on IF they get the terms.

Oh and I write on a 3rd grade level and so if not something for work then I do not care enough to proof read it so have fun checking it for me.

LOL! Got your point across, thanks for the update.

No hiring in 2010. Told via email a month or so ago.

As I said Rumor Only,

For what its worth RM at the IROP integrity dinner said that 4 airbuses next year possibly and that he had went down to Brazil just the week before. That was mid- oct. But the official word from the Q3 report no aircraft in 2010. I would prefer that we did not hire or take deliveries because I think that the first half of 2010 is going to be rough and think that we are the right size and are making money because we have very little fat to trim. But if you got an email and are on the hiring committee then you probably know better then I.

As I said Rumor Only,

For what its worth RM at the IROP integrity dinner said that 4 airbuses next year possibly and that he had went down to Brazil just the week before. That was mid- oct. But the official word from the Q3 report no aircraft in 2010. I would prefer that we did not hire or take deliveries because I think that the first half of 2010 is going to be rough and think that we are the right size and are making money because we have very little fat to trim. But if you got an email and are on the hiring committee then you probably know better then I.

What the hell is an IROP integrity dinner. I bet that when 13R/31L closes for 4 months they'll be having those dinners every night. Its going to be the usual cluster at JFK.

As I said Rumor Only,

Huh?

We ALL got the email. From Verna Kay.

Pretty funny -- we have little fat to trim, but apparently not IROP integrity dinners.

Latest resources

Back