Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
90/65 was developed by the PCRB.

Company wanted seat pay.

5 airbus and 2 190 pilots. PvC at the time was 100% airbus. The pilot group st that time was 80-90% bus.

Your entire point though is off the mark. If you were hired after 2007 3A does not apply to you and has nothing to do with 190 v 320.

Drop it.

Last edited:
Did I say everyone was happy. No. I said the pilots on the Committe who developed the metric were nearly all airbus pilots. Pcrb znd pvc.

Did I say everyone was happy. No. I said the pilots on the Committe who developed the metric were nearly all airbus pilots. Pcrb znd pvc.

Ok, so the pilots (A320 pilots in your words) on the committee developed the 90% metric, then asked the company to implement that 90% metric?

Is that correct?

Read the Pcrb report It started the ball rolling in the direction of 90/66. The company at that time wanted seat and was pushing it hard. Then JBPA and lots of people quitting etc.

Btw the metric is the industry's.

Compare the rates in 2004 to 2007 and the make up of the fleet.

Read the Pcrb report It started the ball rolling in the direction of 90/66. The company at that time wanted seat and was pushing it hard. Then JBPA and lots of people quitting etc.

Btw the metric is the industry's.

Compare the rates in 2004 to 2007 and the make up of the fleet.

I have read the PCRB, even flown with one of the guys who worked on creating it. Was good information.

So, after the committee developed the 90% metric and asked the company to implement it, did the company implement at least that pay portion of it? Did the company implement the 90% pay metric?

Do the math. You have a PEA.

Cut to the chase! What is your next theory ? It was The CBC idea and Dave was a 190 guy?

Last edited:
Do the math. You have a PEA.

Cut to the chase! What is your next theory ? It was The CBC idea and Dave was a 190 guy?

Well, I was completely out of this 3A debate until you dug up a many months old post of mine to call me out and attack me yesterday.

So here is what you have told me.

1. A committee of A320 pilots (your words) proposed that the E90 pay be raised to 90% of the A320 pay.

2. The company eventually implemented those recommendations and changed E90 pay to 90% or A320 pay based on the A320 pilots (your words) recommendations and the needs of the company.

3. After the company implemented the 90% pay scheme for E90 pilots that the A320 pilots (your words) recommended, a group of A320 pilots (eventually around a 1000 of them) began the process that eventually led to an arbitrator ruling on 3A (BUT DEFINITELY NOT A LAWSUIT, FOR GODS SAKE DON'T SAY LAWSUIT).

4. Of the 1000 or so pilots in 3A, I have to assume that some or all of the members of the committee that recommended jetBlue institute the 90% pay scheme are also signed onto 3A.

5. So, the A320 pilots (your words) asked for E90 pay to be raised to 90% of airbus pay, and then started a process that led to the 3A arbitration (GOOD GOD, IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT A LAW SUIT) when the company actually followed their recommendation?

6. I am ready for you to tell me where I got your facts mixed up now.

PSIA is 90/66 that is what the pilot committee found.

3A was discovered by a completely different group of pilots.

Seems like you are trying to link the two to the story you are telling yourself. If you are the logical extension to your delusion is to blame UAL, AA, NWA, DAL group as they had 90/66 before JetBlue.

PSIA is 90/66 that is what the pilot committee found.

3A was discovered by a completely different group of pilots.

Seems like you are trying to link the two to the story you are telling yourself. If you are the logical extension to your delusion is to blame UAL, AA, NWA, DAL group as they had 90/66 before JetBlue.

I really don't even care, you just dug up an old post to attack me with.

A different group huh. Well then, that particular group didn't want there to be a 90% difference between the 2 aircraft, like the rest of the industry, since there is no mathematical way to simultaneously close a pre-existing larger than 10% pay gap between the two fleets AND give ALL pilots an equal percentage raise.

Not that I really care at this point. But don't tell me 3A initiators cared about fixing the B-scale that other JB pilots were under.

That said, I don't have a problem with 3A, and the arbitrator agreed that in at least one of the two cases, the company was wrong.

Latest resources

Back