Jetblue hiring... how and why?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys,

Stop wasting your emotional and psychological energy arguing with each other as it's distracting you from the bigger fight:

Labor vs management.

Don't forget that and don't let the big blue corporate spin machine distract you.

Again no context.

90//65 was born in 2007/2008.

3A did not become a known entity until much later and is a function or qurik of the PEA not A320 pilots

Your rant is just that since E190s are entitled too just not post 2007 hires on either fleet.

So correct my history. Are you saying that A320 pilots pushed for the higher E90 pay rates?

I think this is a little revisionist/incomplete history there chump. Lets take your history description to the next step, after the A320 pilots (I think they were just JB pilots (who happen to be flying the A320)) got the company to agree to give the E90 pilots a raise, they then sued the company for not giving the A320 pilots a raise also. So.... you can't bring E90 pay up to 90% of A320 pay, without triggering another A320 raise, which will again create a greater than 10% pay difference or B-scale. When the company tried to fix the B-scale, which you say was fought for by A320 pilots, the A320 pilots sued them demanding a raise that would re-create the B-scale. That was my point. You can't have it both ways.

Your statement above is wrong on many counts. By the way the pilots didn't use court of any kind, we exercised our PEA rights by going to a neutral arbitrator agreed to by the company. It was JB who "sued" by taking the case to the NY supreme court where they lost.

I think this is a little revisionist/incomplete history there chump. Lets take your history description to the next step, after the A320 pilots (I think they were just JB pilots (who happen to be flying the A320)) got the company to agree to give the E90 pilots a raise, they then sued the company for not giving the A320 pilots a raise also. So.... you can't bring E90 pay up to 90% of A320 pay, without triggering another A320 raise, which will again create a greater than 10% pay difference or B-scale. When the company tried to fix the B-scale, which you say was fought for by A320 pilots, the A320 pilots sued them demanding a raise that would re-create the B-scale. That was my point. You can't have it both ways.

For the millionth time it wasn't a lawsuit. It's arbitration, simply using the process the company set up. The company could have fixed this years ago, instead their usual arrogant incompetence reared its ugly head. JetBlue is reaping what they have sowed.

For the millionth time it wasn't a lawsuit. It's arbitration, simply using the process the company set up. The company could have fixed this years ago, instead their usual arrogant incompetence reared its ugly head. JetBlue is reaping what they have sowed.

Roger, not a lawsuit.

Splert said it was the A320 guys that pushed for E90 pay raises? Is that true?

Was it also these A320 pilots that pushed for the 90% E90 pay formula?

Roger, not a lawsuit.

I'm not sure why this is so important. As I recall there were pilots on both sides that worked on these rates. In the end it was what the company calls colaboration, I call it negotiating with a dictator. As our COO said, there are no negotiations at JetBlue, the PVC does not negotiate they colaborate. But I digress...

Roger, not a lawsuit.

In 2007 over 115 pilots quit.
JB said "uh oh" and incresed new hire pay 26.7% to get peple to come here.
3A says if a new hire gets a raise, everyone gets the same raise.
No one else got the same raise.
Over 900 pilots saw this and used the arbitration clause in our PEA's to handle the disagreement.
Pilots win arbitration.

That simple.

I will never forget, I had a 190 Captain tell me after getting his 27% raise that "you Airbus guys got all the money last time so it's only fair." I laughed and said I'm happy you got the raise but the last time you are referring to was a 4% raise. So many have allowed themselves to be divided.

Latest resources

Back