• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue hiring anymore?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FK JB they turned down a personal friend of mine who was far qualified and a 17 year Navy Serviceman. He had over 5000TT with over 2000PIC turbine. Masters Degree. Fluent in 3 languages. Married 2 daughters. Loyal American. The hiring process is such discriminatory BS.
It might have been because he married 2 daughters.

FK JB they turned down a personal friend of mine who was far qualified and a 17 year Navy Serviceman. He had over 5000TT with over 2000PIC turbine. Masters Degree. Fluent in 3 languages. Married 2 daughters. Loyal American. The hiring process is such discriminatory BS.

My experiences:

5,000tt for a military dude is an okay amount, but 5,000 over 17 years is not much flying.

Masters Degree - who cares.

Fluent in 3 languages - only needs to be fluent in English.

Married - shows commitment, but doesn't help one fly. Actually will complain 16days/mo when he's gone.

2 daughters - who cares.

Loyal American - As long as we don't commit treason, we're all loyal American's

Interviews are nothing but CRAZY. You have to shine like precious metal, dazzle, sell youself in 1 hr, and not step on your d!ck one single bit. Even great people fail. Don't hate JB, hate the game.

We've all seen great folks shot down.

WTF is this crap? Married w/ 2 daughters? Huh? Since when has procreation qualified someone for anything? "Loyal American?" How do you quantify that? This might be one of the dumbest things I've read on this forum.

BTW, 5K total with 2K PIC turbine is painfully average. How many RJ Capt's out there right now sport that or more time on their resume? Hell, some of them may have even had successful sex resulting in offspring.

My experiences:

5,000tt for a military dude is an okay amount, but 5,000 over 17 years is not much flying.

Masters Degree - who cares.

Fluent in 3 languages - only needs to be fluent in English.

Married - shows commitment, but doesn't help one fly. Actually will complain 16days/mo when he's gone.

2 daughters - who cares.

Loyal American - As long as we don't commit treason, we're all loyal American's

Interviews are nothing but CRAZY. You have to shine like precious metal, dazzle, sell youself in 1 hr, and not step on your d!ck one single bit. Even great people fail. Don't hate JB, hate the game.

We've all seen great folks shot down.

I was thinking the same thing.

Thanks for typing it out for me.

5000tt = low time in today's market.

Last edited:
(Insert shameless plug for interview prep here).

Yeah...I've got a company that has helped over 500 apiece at Jetblue, SWA, and FedEx. What I often find remarkable is who DOES do the preps, the who doesn't. Often the pilots wanting the preps would have been successful anyway, but many who know the didn't need it find out they are wrong.

My group isn't the only one out there, but a little practice and polish go a long way. Get some help--somewhere--and you'll probably be glad you did. Much better to kick yourself for over prepping and wasting a little money than sitting around wishing you'd done it...

The process is BS. We are passing on guys with twice that amount of time for guys that barely meet the mins because they can be better assimilated into the JB culture. I've had a few friends shot down at JB with more time than that and 121 experience. I talked to the guy that did the exit interview for one of them. He said, he was pulling for him, but the two that did the main interview could not get past the fact that he did not fly JB up to the interview. They said that since he had never flown JB before, he should have have taken the 2 hops through FLL instead of driving the 5 hours. He explained to them that he was from NYC and he wanted to visit family while there. It didn't matter. He also had rec letters from 2 JB Capts and a JB FO. None of us got a call to ask about him.

Being able to BS your way through an interview shouldn't be what gets you hired at a major airline. We have plenty of DBs that were great at interviewing, it doesn't mean I want to fly with them.

Daryl is a real piece of ******************** but aside from that your buddy knew how retarded we are in hiring. He should have sucked it up and flew on a JB flight. You and I both know our hiring is BS but you have to play the game. SWA, you buy a type. Uniteds antagonistic interview,
American wants Mil. It's all a game you have to play.

Latest resources

Back