• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue headed to IND?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With the higher fuel prices out there, is it me or has Jetblue curtailed some of it's West Coast transcon growth? The fares are probably the same from JFK to OAK/LGB etc as they are to FLA, right? But, the West Coast trips are three extra hours of flying---which means more gas. Maybe shorter flights to IND etc will give them more revenue. Lately I have seen some new flights on B6 to Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, and some to the Dominican Republic. Is that one to Aguadilla a turn? It left JFK really late and returned really early. That would hurt if it was a turn....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Does ATA even service JFK from IND? No. ATA does service LGA however. It just depends on what passengers will want... service out of JFK or LGA. ATA will have business class, and has IFE now, so not much differences there. Not at all the demise of ATA as lowecur might propose.

General Lee said:
With the higher fuel prices out there, is it me or has Jetblue curtailed some of it's West Coast transcon growth? The fares are probably the same from JFK to OAK/LGB etc as they are to FLA, right? But, the West Coast trips are three extra hours of flying---which means more gas. Maybe shorter flights to IND etc will give them more revenue. Lately I have seen some new flights on B6 to Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, and some to the Dominican Republic. Is that one to Aguadilla a turn? It left JFK really late and returned really early. That would hurt if it was a turn....
Bye Bye--General Lee
Yes and No on the West Coast curtailing. What I mean is we haven't added a lot of frequency to existing city pairs but we have added new service recently. BOS-OAK, IAD-SMF, BOS-LGB, etc. The average fare to Florida from JFK is right at $112 and I am not sure what our average TransCon fare is but it is probably a bit higher. Yes, more gas is definately true but if I remember correctly we are hedged to 38% for this year and about 20% for next year. As far as RASM for the west coast flights, it's all about stage length you know. That's why we fly them!!

Yes, the Aquadilla flight is a turn (as stated in the post above) and it is a redeye. What do you mean "it would hurt"? If you mean regarding the body clock, yes, it's a b&LL buster. I mean, I guess it is, I haven't done one. But, it is the same as our JFK-SJU redeye which we have been doing for quite some time.

C yaa

Last edited:
General,
I just flew the JFK-BQN turn the other night. It definitely hurt, at least until the sun came up as we were taking off from BQN. Then, mentally, at least, it felt as if the gods decided to add some vaseline to the pain.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back