• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue guys, please fix jump seat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks to the B6 guys for all the rides and courtesies. I always appreciate the way you guys treat your OAL jumpseaters. We are always glad to return the favor to any of you guys. ;)

Don't bother listing, just show up to the gate in a reasonable amount of time and have the gate agent list you. You can list up to 10 minutes prior to the flight. If you can let the crew know you are there, I and most others will not leave you behind.

P.S. Commuting sucks, let's try and take care of each other out there.

1) JB crews are great and will try and get you on if they know about you
2) Yes commuting sucks, very very much
3) Gate agents may have been told that they should list people at the gate but the message is not getting out. They will not do it in Kennedy. If you're hurrying for a quick connection, you're totally screwed because the service counter will take 15+ minutes to list, only if they know what they are doing. One nice agent at an outstation agreed to list me one time but it took forever, I arrived at the gate more than 30 minutes prior and got on when the door was closing. The capt decided to lecture me 3 times about showing up late, but like I said, MOST crews are great.

Date and flight number where they wouldn't do it in JFK? PM me if necessary. They've been re-inforced by what we call an Info Notice within the last two weeks, so if you've experienced a refusal since then I'd love to follow up with our J/S coordinators.

Date and flight number where they wouldn't do it in JFK? PM me if necessary. They've been re-inforced by what we call an Info Notice within the last two weeks, so if you've experienced a refusal since then I'd love to follow up with our J/S coordinators.

Yes!! PM me also if you need. I am just as fed up as you offline folks and we need more ammo to fix this. Date, time, flt number, gate agent name etc.
Also, Wrigley23 send me that captains name if you have it..That shiite has to be stopped now...

Well, was just on hold to try and list for 45 minutes. Agent started taking my info, which supposedly was on file which it wasn't, only to be told that the system was having some issues and to try back in an hour. I told her that it takes 40 minutes to get through and she said yeah I know, sorry. WTF is going on with the new computer system. Are they staffing it this way or is there something else. JB is the best to us once we get there, but they are making it nearly impossible. It is as if they are discouraging us from trying to JS. Will call my JS coordinator tomorrow to see what they say.

Our entire non-rev / JS system has always been a mess. For us, there is little distinction between JS and Non-Rev travel. So, if it's bad for us, I KNOW it's even worse for off line riders.

Most of the problems are station specific. I know JFK seems to be the main problem. Our agents just don't seem to be properly trained for handling JS's.

I don't really have an answer, but please understand we are trying to improve the process. It's moving at a snails pace. The change to Sabre has slowed the process even more.

I commute on US Airways most of the time, and I have to say they are the best for the cities I use. So, while we are on the subject, thanks to them.

Dog,
I asked an agent yesterday before I got on us to go home about the training thing. Yes, they seem to could have gotten more training but since taking care of an OAL JS takes quite a bit more time that the last system, they just don't want to. I caused a ruckus at a gate a few weeks ago because I called an agent on not taking care of an FA JS'er who had already listed and was having trouble of just activating! He was just looking at his email when she came up and asked to be activated. No one else at the gate, he sent her to the ask desk where there were two agents and 1 sup looking over one's shoulder. There were at least 15 people ahead of her. It was over 45 mins to dept and he just did not want to bother...that's the problem - not all agents, but the majority....

Latest resources

Back